Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on a 1979 Suzuki GS1000L cafe racer remodel.. As I removed the original wiring harness there were these bendable tabs attached to the bike frame for holding the harness away from certain engine components & such. I cant, for the life of me, figure out what those tabs are called. Several were brittle and broken off as we were stripping everything down. I want to reweld new ones in the old spots before painting but cant find any and not quite sure where to look. Maybe theres an updated way I haven't come across (and not going the unsightly zip tie route) but any assistance would be greatly appreciated. The black on each tab appears to be a rubber or plastic coating.
20201013_220102.jpg

·
Registered
227 Posts
Holy crap. First place I looked and overlooked them completely by the way they were drawn. You're a life saver. I just couldn't figure them out
Just saw your post. In the racing world we called them Adell clamps they are not Suzuki OEM but are the right part for the job you describe. To get them try Summit Bros, Kurvygirl motorcycle, or Aircraft Spruce. They come in all kinds of sizes and even aluminum. Probolts even has colors. We use them not only for wiring but to isolate things like braided steel lines and even oil coolers. Unless you are doing vintage restos for showing they are the way to go. Cheers

·
Registered
227 Posts
Just saw your post. In the racing world we called them Adell clamps they are not Suzuki OEM but are the right part for the job you describe. To get them try Summit Bros, Kurvygirl motorcycle, or Aircraft Spruce. They come in all kinds of sizes and even aluminum. Probolts even has colors. We use them not only for wiring but to isolate things like braided steel lines and even oil coolers. Unless you are doing vintage restos for showing they are the way to go. Cheers
Just did some research and found that there in the USA and within the motorbike world thosee clamps are also called P-Clamps and there's all kinds listed on line

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Rich! Definitely going the steel braided route so great tip for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts