Cafe Racer Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Is there a specific threshold for when a bike is considered "old"?

I'm a millennial, so for me the 90s were about 10-15 years ago

·
Registered
9,021 Posts
When you can't buy unique replacement parts any more that makes it obsolete. Obsolete makes it old and possibly only one more crash or one more engine failure away from becoming scrap.

"I'm a millennial, so for me the 90s were about 10-15 years ago"
I'm a boomer, when did they stop teaching arithmetic :LOL:

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Ben , for future reference. When your wife says "you will never" it is easier to say "you are probably right" at the time and that will be the end of it. If you say "yes I can" and then don't, you have opened yourself to a life of "remember you were wrong".
The vig on this bet is "I told you so" and you'll never pay that back.

·
Registered
9,021 Posts
There's a work-around for the wife problem; you just keep buying more and more motorcycles in pieces and leave the parts spread out all over the garage or stored neatly in boxes, then one day you end up acquiring enough parts to assemble a complete working motorcycle and all you need to do is hide all the extra parts. Don't let her find any more then 2 wheels at a time or it can become awkward to explain why your motorcycle project has 6 wheels.

·
Administrator
543 Posts
My friend had a great solution. He told me if I ever bought a bike just have it dropped off at his place. He would throw it on a trailer and deliver it to my driveway the on next Saturday right in front of my wife. "Hey, my buddy has to clean out his barn and this needs a home - it is yours if you want it - free."

I never needed to do it but it is brilliant.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts