Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing a favor for a friend and disposing of this 1979 cb400t. All there except the carbs. Last registered in 1989. I have no intention of keeping this thing and it has to be gone this sunday (the same day I pick it up). Great if you have one and need parts.

Otherwise I am taking a sawzall to this bitch and chucking it in a dumpster.

e-mail me at [email protected] if you want this roach.

Edited by - Geeto67 on Mar 30 2007 7:35:47 PM

Edited by - geeto67 on May 23 2007 11:02:05 AM

·
Registered
125 Posts
where you at?

One man's story
is another man's shame,
Ain't bound for glory
I'm bound for flames

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
quote:

Otherwise I am taking a sawzall to this bitch and chucking it in a dumpster.

e-mail me at [email protected] if you want this roach.

Edited by - Geeto67 on Mar 30 2007 7:35:47 PM
Geet, dude, that's harsh. That's as bad as bringing it to the Harley store and collecting a buck a whack with a sledge hammer from all the "real bikers". Or dropping it off a cliff. Or leaving it locked to a tree on some side street in Brooklyn. Or dragging it behind your truck on the LIE at night, with somebody in the back with a video camera. Come to think of it, whatever you finally decide to do, film it.
I think it needs to be memorialized properly.
And if you don't do any of that and it can wait a week, I'll be down in that neck'o the woods around Easter...I'll rescue it.

FR

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bike is located on LI in Nassau county.

Funny you should mention the Harley thing, The friend who clued me into this runs a harley shop and 99% of the time has nothing to do with jap bikes.

Harsh? it isn't because I don't like those bikes (I really don't like them) but I am out of space. I remembered there are a couple of people on here with them so that is why I even said I would save it at all.

Somewhere out there on the net is a site where you can pay the advertising and tell this guy to destroy his viper and he does it. They key it, bash it with baseball bat. As long as you are willing to pay he will do anything to the car. I think it would be like that, only nobody has to pay me and I'll be smiling ear to ear.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I am an idiot. I still have this (the guy I was holding it for backed out) lump and need her gone. But I am an Idiot because I spent the money getting a title for this bike and now the guy doesn't want it. Since I have incurred $100 in acquiring a title for this bike that is what I want for it. Somebody please take it.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I am an idiot. I still have this (the guy I was holding it for backed out) lump and need her gone. But I am an Idiot because I spent the money getting a title for this bike and now the guy doesn't want it. Since I have incurred $100 in acquiring a title for this bike that is what I want for it. Somebody please take it.

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
i'll give you a dollar to set it on fire.

now you need another 100 dudes like me and you'll make a tasty profit as well as having a bitchin bonfire.

burn baby burn!

texy

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
there is some guy out there that gets advertisers to pay him to destroy his viper. Basically they pay to sponser the segment in which they suggest some damage and the guy does it, films himself doing it, and then broadcasts it on the web. The problem is who would want to watch me light an old honda on fire besides the members of this board?

I think there should be a rule in motorcycles where if you say you want a bike, and then make the guy go out of pocket to pay for getting a title, you need to take the damn thing and not stick him with it.

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
you should go ride donuts on his lawn, then set the cb400 on fire in his driveway!

burn baby burn!

texy

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ended up giving it away for free to a friend of a friend on wed. If it was still here on friday (today) I would have sawzalled it for sure.

no more free bikes. They are never worth the effort.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts