Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious as to what might work. joe c mentioned the CB500 front end should work but i don't know years that are compatible. i'm also curious to hear of other swaps that'll work as well. ..and i already saw the gsxr swap, and am in no rush to undertake that one. i'm looking for drum freindly set ups... any thoughts?

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
dreg use the search feature, been over it a million times here. all the details. good thing is, i can tell you all the same tings in person tomorrow! you can swap something pretty easily, there are bearing
issues though. but thats a cake walk compared to the ducati on the 305 you did. you gotta post a few pics of that for peeps to see. ill birng the camera tomorrow.

jc

i dont know shit

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
I reamed out the stock 350 triples from 33mm to 35 mm using an adjustable straight reamer. This way I could keep the same front wheel and spacers and fender without having to worry about steering bearing fit. I used XL350 forks.
It was pretty easy and the reamer was only about $30 or $40.
Ken

AHRMA 412
Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
right on, i'll have to look into the reamer. joe, thanks again for the shocks, fit like a dream!

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts