Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a good front fender for my 71 Yami R5 buildup. I ditched the 50lb chrome job and need a plastic or glass fender. The main dimensions I need are 4.25" or so wide at the mounting tabs (drum brake) and 18" radius. I know there's options out there, I have seen them but just can't find one!

My last alternative is a new piece from Air-Tech but they are over 60 bucks!

Lemme know what you have.

Thanks,
Ed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, that'l be on the list to consider.

On another board they suggested that that guys stuff is flimsy. Glad to hear a positive recc.

Is the fender you show from him? From what I recall, the ones he has been listing just has undrilled mounting tabs, not the struts yours has.
He also suggests using zip ties to mount (not....). I want something that will mount to the existing R5 lugs and is not too wide. I bought a KZ750 fender that looked great but at 5.5", forget about it. It wouldnt even fit between the legs!

I'll hit him up tonight.

Regards,
Ed

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ed,
I'm pretty sure these came from the same guy. Although I bought these 4 or 5 years ago so I'm not positive and like you said he isn't offering the same fender I have. Hmmmm. Maybe it is a different guy. Here's a better picture of the fender.

If it is the same guy I recommend his stuff.
Joe
SBRacing

SBRacing
Columbus, Ohio
groups.google.com/group/co-ohvinmoto

1 - 4 of 4 Posts