Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a lightweight front fender for my CL 350 race bike since it will probably rain on the 4th, plus maybe a new oil catch pan (if thats what you call it, the pan required to catch the oil after the drain plug falls out at the track). Not sure if I need the pan, I have one and it did pass tech at the school, but it is kinda small. So really just checking whats available on that--I do have a foil turkey pan.....

Also, where can I get the asorbment material to line the pan with?

While I am asking, where is a good place to get some spare cables, levers, etc. to have "just in case"?

Low price is good!

I will be at the track for the July 4th event.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Champ,

The foil turkey pan isn't on the bike. It has a regular pan that Kevin Campbell put on it. I remember seeing bikes at frontier land a couple years ago with, among other things, pans made from turkey roasters and paint roller trays.

Jack

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Jack,
Send Matt Tanner an email. He has the best belly pans around for CB350s and others. I'm not sure he has any in stock at the moment but if he does you won't find a better pan. As far as other spares I usually carry spares from other junkyard bikes. If you can't find some before the event I'm sure there will be some at the track. Just in case.

And use Scott Paper towels to line the belly pan. It has to absorb oil. Not cost lots of money.

Craig

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
jack i have the absorbent pads by the hundreds, ill bring some with me, may have old levers to, but how about some positive thinking baby, no rain no crashing just fun fun fun. i got my pan from tanner, forget the front fender and bring a tent for the pit lane we are all going to get sun burn if we don't find some shade, i got the gas, fire extinguisher, cooler full of water, scoring girl,chairs,and anything else we can think of, just bring that bike and where good to go

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Midge,

I can bring an 10x10 ezup or a 10 x20 big carport, but we will need something to weigh it down with. Not sure if my wife or son are coming, if yes Sue can help with scoring or something, and my son can corner work.

Plan on putting the bike togther this weekend. It will be ready, or we can do a bunch of work Thurs night, Fri morning.....

I am getting there Thurs PM, staying at the red ruff.

Jack

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
great bring the 10x10, I'll see what i can scrounge up for weight, a bit of rope and we can tie it too our tool boxes be at the red roof as well, there wont be much time Friday morning but ill help any way i can Thursday night.
give it your best shot because there's always one more thing that needs doing, and we don't want to be too pressed for time, thanks for putting up the bike see you soon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts