Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is going? When are you getting there? I plan on going and racing. Arrive Sunday evening. If the bike isn't running properly, I am not going to lay down the cash, but will volunteer to corner work (this will rip my guts out watching people race from the sidelines...but I figure I have to put in some volunteer time as well). Hopefully the work and family will allow me enough time to properly tune the bike so I can race. (Got the front forks all worked out).

Yeller'
---
Ask not what the wanker can do for you, but what you can do for your wanker!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I'm in. I live only about 30 miles away so I'll show up Monday morning. Clutch issue resolved on the CB. LWSV and FCB races. Maybe Open GP and Eurocup on the R75.

Get that CB going Wanker. We need more bikes on the grid. Can anyone de-throne Baker this season?

Jeff

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
baker, not nicky hayden and his brother, and me will be there. I think we are showing up at the usual time, late afternoon early evening sunday. I am going to try and get my old CB350 back from rookie george to race that day.

noone can stop baker now . . . he's officially the points champeone i believe.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I'll be there Sunday afternoon/evening as soon as they will let us in.

Still not sure if Mary will make it.

JohnnyB

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'll be up late sunday afternoon, providing the roving chicane in the 200...

d.

I love the smell of castor oil in the morning, but I have a Honda....

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
i'm out.......

read my post in general section: happy-sad-o.k.!

also jeff, i gotta pass on the cl350 now so don't worry about pics to me!

cheers,

texy

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
TEX,
I'm betting ScottV will snatch the CL up if he sees it. Very presentable CL.

Hah, ha,ha I like using the word snatch.

Baker may have the season wrapped up but this is a shootout. Besides now the winner could say "I beat the FCB Champ" No pressure on us.

Turn 1 hombres

Jeff

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
i should just send you the $600 now so you can tell mr. evil the bad news on monday......"texy snatched it from under you!"

i said snatch!

texy

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay, listening to what a "wise" man once said, "Have your bikes ready by Thursday!".... I took the day off of work....boy was I sick. Anyway, spent the day tuning and fiddling... the wankermobile is running well now. The front end pulls off the ground during mock starts.... I ran it as fast as I could on the city street and it pulls well past where it use to crap out on me! So, lets just pray for sun! or at least no rain. Current forecast has 50% chance of no-rain... damp, cold and cloudy... sounds like NH.

Yeller'
---

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NOAA website has 30% chance of showers Sunday night and Monday. Fingers-crossed. If I catch any of you yahoos who are not racing doing rain dances.... urrrrrrrr urrrrrrrr!

Yeller'
---

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
i'm going. looking forward to seeing all the real racers. noah always forcasts rain. sometimes correct, sometimes not. 30% sounds like the ultimate hedged bet.
parks

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
baker and i are still trying to find a fire ring type thing. we'll bring something regardless . . . but if one of you guys has one, speak up! I'll be bringing some wood too.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I have a cut off drum already to go. It's good to have a neighbor who has acres of junk. tt I think that you and your lovely bride (does this count as refering to someones wife?) should come to the track just to socialize and maybe work a corner. We will wave when we go by. We miss ya dude come visit.

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
HEY . . . my wife has to work on Monday, so I am bringing Andrei, our 9 year old boy. Anyone else bringing a kid?

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
I'm mentally a child...

Ok, got the Aprilia 50, RD350, and TZ350 running and wired today. Having some problems with the brake on the RD350 though. Seems that the angle of the clipons is causing an air bubble to get into the line. Or I've got a leak somewhere that I can't see.

Looking forward to this. It's been a while. Its going to be sunny, too.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
viley
my 8 year old (jackson) is coming as per usual.
parks
ps ung. -glad your coming. missed you these last few events.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts