Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
142 Posts
The water is so low at our cottage that we had to take the boat out as the gunwale is below the bump rail on the dock. The dock has been there for almost 60 years and never has the water been this low.
Be careful this information has been declared top secret. Unless remove from the skif by TrialsRider than it is clearly declassified.

Shit is drying out everywhere. Until the floods hit.

· Registered
142 Posts
Some people demonstrate an ability to witch for water, some can't, unfortunately I just don't have what it takes. My father-in-law had a neat way to demonstrate water witching, if you were trying to make it work (unsuccessfully in a place he knew it should work) he could walk up behind you and touch just the ends of the Y-shaped stick you were holding using only his finger tips and the darn stick would start twisting in your hand, very strange experience.
He always used a fresh cut Y-shaped branch off a fruit bearing tree, Apple tree for example.

You were using the wrong tool! You need to use the trials bike.

· Registered
142 Posts
Three of us rode all day today, it was a blast, snow conditions were greatly improved for both the enduro bikes and the trials bike. The snoscoot is working out great for trail grooming. I was experimenting with just a few grip studs on the front tire instead of sheet metal screws and you can really feel the grip studs improving the steering control, another 4 or 500 bucks worth of carbide tire studs should help :D
Nice! I have been contemplating an enduro as there is a 300cc being offered up to me at the moment. I however was thinking a 200cc 2T would be more fitting at least if the size and weight are lower.

We have been stuck in the snow belt off of lake Erie since yesterday 9am and still going. The wind has been keeping the buildup to drifts. Our front door is not passable and the windows are plastered with snow.
Snow Sky Branch Tree Slope

· Registered
142 Posts
A riding partner (y) you need riding partners to motivate you, because it is way too easy to think up reasons to not go riding. Even better if your riding partner is more skilled at it then yourself, because then you learn from attempting to follow them. Same likely applies to any motorcycle sport, you ride better by riding with better riders.
Looks like Niagara County has a club. Most of the bikers I have met in Erie County have been more into beer than any riding. I have been invited to a few road rides and it's always more of a beer crawl with football talk. ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

· Registered
142 Posts
Snow has almost completely melted but you can still ice fish on the lake :cool: almost like wet spring weather here. Going to be a long riding season at this rate, Happy New Year all 🏍 riders
Sounds wonderful.
We have only the biggest drifts left around my home north of buffalo.
I almost went and bought a trials bike today. It had been for sale for 11 months. Oddly it was gone when I went to go get it today. Or at least the ad was deleted. I will keep on the lookout and something nice will pop up in time.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts