Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

· Registered
9,139 Posts
Are humans generally stressed out right now or what? :unsure:
This is a real live forum, not a diary, not a documentary, not a service manual, it's a bunch of people that ride, wrench and hopefully race motorcycles chatting about motorcycle stuff. Interesting people with nice toys that share the common interest of riding motorcycles. Same as with riding a motorcycle, if you're not having fun here you're probably doing it wrong. You want to participate, participate. You want to leave, then leave, you don't need to announce it, nobody gives a squat diddly.

· Registered
9,139 Posts
This is incorrect. I always want to go riding on Mondays. Unfortunately my boss won’t add it to my calendar. Adulting is hard.
That's what they all say! something about needing to go to 'work'
What the world needs is a shorter work week or more work where you get paid to ride motorcycles :cool:
... and world peace, some of that would be nice right about now.

· Registered
9,139 Posts
Ordered in a bunch of gravel and extended my campground, I can offer some nice free camping to motorcyclists that need a place to bivouac on their way through eastern Ontario if that is of interest to y'all.

· Registered
9,139 Posts
How are the mosquitoes up there? Those and black flies are what do me in.
Flies are nearly done for the season, it only gets better for the rest of the year (y) ground is almost too dry here now for optimum traction, everything turns to peat moss. Water is low but the fishing is good 🐡

· Registered
9,139 Posts
Some people demonstrate an ability to witch for water, some can't, unfortunately I just don't have what it takes. My father-in-law had a neat way to demonstrate water witching, if you were trying to make it work (unsuccessfully in a place he knew it should work) he could walk up behind you and touch just the ends of the Y-shaped stick you were holding using only his finger tips and the darn stick would start twisting in your hand, very strange experience.
He always used a fresh cut Y-shaped branch off a fruit bearing tree, Apple tree for example.

· Registered
9,139 Posts
Once you call in a drilling rig it cost big bucks, you want to know you are going to hit water in a place where there is not a lot of water to be found and a whole bunch of potential dry holes. I'm running 5 for 5 because of my father in law (y)
Some of the most talented people I ever met had a grade 8 education and a whole lot of life experience.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts