Cafe Racer Forum banner
81 - 100 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
9,021 Posts
Tire Automotive tire Font Auto part Wood

winter preparations is to take the grip studs out of last years rear tire to put them into a newer old tire and buy a box of sheet metal screws for the front :cool: motorcycle road trip to Kingston for hex head sheet metal screws, a new front tube from the Harley dealer and a big bottle of fish glue from lee valley is in order, I can fit all that in a back pack no problem (y)

... and maybe another half dozen 6004 wheel bearings :unsure: I think I'm running low on those again.

·
Registered
9,021 Posts
Another perfect riding day :cool: lots of riders came out to play follow me for one lap, I couldn't get a second lap out of them, I need better riders for that :LOL: or these guys need to get better at it, either way works for me.

Enduro riders consistently all want to ride the bars too heavy. If you're an enduro rider, you guys need to ride the rear wheel through the pegs way more. Try it you'll like it, and it won't wear you out near so bad :geek:

·
Registered
9,021 Posts
Wife and I each caught a nice Big Bass this morning 🐟 🐟 won't go hungry for at least a couple days (y)
Was it ever nice fishing this morning, full fall colours, mild temps, full sun and not a breath of wind on the lake :cool: gotta love the 4 seasons. Weather forecast looks great for my hard enduro this weekend, woodsman you should do a road trip on Saturday and check it out

·
Registered
9,021 Posts
(y) Awesome, that lady enduro rider (Heather) just secured a race position for Saturday's event. Seeing as she rode some of the loop last weekend and others were not allowed to, she's opted out of any podium acceptance :cool: good rider and good sports person conduct 🏅 just wants to race (y)

·
見る
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Latest news: British racer and ‘MotoGP Legend’ Phil Read has passed away peacefully overnight at the age of 83. Read, a seven-times Grand Prix Road Racing World Champion, competed in the world championship from 1961 to 1976.

He was the first rider to win the 125cc, 250cc and 500cc titles, and was also an eight-time winner at the Isle of Man TT. In 1964 he became Yamaha’s first world champion and won a total of five championships with Yamaha and two with MV Agusta.

·
Registered
9,021 Posts
Who needs traction?

You should see if you can setup and host a Graham Jarvis workshop.
Me, I ran sweep at the event and only got stuck once. For me the challenge is to do the loop without putting a foot down and the trials bike makes it so much easier then walking or pushing. I'd be up for riding with Graham Jarvis (y) this weekend is suppose to bring perfect riding weather.

·
Registered
9,021 Posts
Oh oh, found a new toy I might need, it's called a widescape standup snowmobile :cool: 250cc 4-stroke single track machine that weighs in at about 200 pounds(y) finally, a snow machine that can go anywhere.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Oh oh, found a new toy I might need, it's called a widescape standup snowmobile :cool: 250cc 4-stroke single track machine that weighs in at about 200 pounds(y) finally, a snow machine that can go anywhere.
I had Ski Doo's go anywhere sled, 1974 Elan SS. It came with a 294 with Tillotson carbs. I put in a 340 with Mikuni's and a tuned exhaust, studded the track, widened the ski stance and that thing was a blast. It was easier to bring the front end up than on a bike.
Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Snow Hood

81 - 100 of 112 Posts