Cafe Racer Forum banner
121 - 140 of 193 Posts

· Registered
9,154 Posts
All the Enduro and MX bikes appear to be close to being the same, we see everything here in the way of makes models and displacements, the big bikes struggle on extreme steep hills and crash spectacular, we call them the 'Big' bikes, the Trials bikes are also much the same, displacement means little if there is a skilled rider on board any motorcycle. Big bikes are all about going fast and the Trials bikes are all about going anywhere imaginable with speed being of little concern, the Trials bikes are all about control, timing, technique and being about 100 pounds lighter on average then the Big bikes the Trials bikes make it way easier to practice and learn on. That's why lots of Big bike riders are buying a Trials bike to cross train on (y) We got lucky here and had freezing rain before the wind storm set on, no lake effect snow falls on my place so we still have some winter riding season left :cool:

· Registered
9,154 Posts
That all sounds reasonable TrialsRider. Honestly I have been intrigued by the trials sport. As a TrialsRider what would you recommend for resources for someone looking to not dab their toes on the way in?
A riding partner (y) you need riding partners to motivate you, because it is way too easy to think up reasons to not go riding. Even better if your riding partner is more skilled at it then yourself, because then you learn from attempting to follow them. Same likely applies to any motorcycle sport, you ride better by riding with better riders.

· Registered
144 Posts
A riding partner (y) you need riding partners to motivate you, because it is way too easy to think up reasons to not go riding. Even better if your riding partner is more skilled at it then yourself, because then you learn from attempting to follow them. Same likely applies to any motorcycle sport, you ride better by riding with better riders.
Looks like Niagara County has a club. Most of the bikers I have met in Erie County have been more into beer than any riding. I have been invited to a few road rides and it's always more of a beer crawl with football talk. ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

· Registered
9,154 Posts
Looks like Niagara County has a club. Most of the bikers I have met in Erie County have been more into beer than any riding. I have been invited to a few road rides and it's always more of a beer crawl with football talk. ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Lots of trials rider friends regularly travel to my place all the way from the Niagara Falls region. It's that good. All kinds of active riders in the Southern Ontario region but not many local places to ride as good as my place, I know that because I have ridden many of the venues down your way and most are on landfill sites or on the edge of a farm field.
Spirit Mountain ski resort near Duluth sometimes host world round mototrials competitions, not sure if they allow you to ride there regularly or the cost but there must be a local club.
... Just got a call somebody's headed this way to go riding later today :cool: I'm up for that.

· Registered
2,412 Posts
I don't ride anything in groups anymore. I had some guys that would come up a couple times a year to go for an ATV run. From my door you can ride through thousands of acres of crown land and cover a couple hundred miles in a day, of tough riding. That's a good days riding through the bush.
These guys would pack up coolers and would want to take beer stops constantly and half way through the day would be getting stupid. At that point I would turn for home, knowing it was only getting worse from there.

I doubt there is much beer drinking takes place at Trial's during riding hours. There is nothing going to give you a better smack, even on a short drop, than the pink granite all over his property. That was always my greatest fear with the ATV drinkers, the damage they were going to do to themselves....and me having to deal with it.

· Registered
2,412 Posts
Snow conditions were much better today :cool: the motorcycles worked as good as the snowmobile today and weather forecast looks good for another great ride day tomorrow.
I was in your area today. It looks like with the warm weekend that's coming and then a decent freeze, you'll have a really good base for the winter

· Registered
144 Posts
Snow has almost completely melted but you can still ice fish on the lake :cool: almost like wet spring weather here. Going to be a long riding season at this rate, Happy New Year all 🏍 riders
Sounds wonderful.
We have only the biggest drifts left around my home north of buffalo.
I almost went and bought a trials bike today. It had been for sale for 11 months. Oddly it was gone when I went to go get it today. Or at least the ad was deleted. I will keep on the lookout and something nice will pop up in time.

· Registered
9,154 Posts
Motorcycles only today :D 3 of us beating on the trails today to make the snow melt faster, the mud is super slippery like wet paint. Very challenging conditions until it freezes again.
You shopping for vintage or modern rides?

· Registered
9,154 Posts
Way better riding today, the trials bike goes anywhere you point it without getting stuck or even working hard (y) the riders are out marking and clearing new trails and trials areas :D I'm mostly riding

· Registered
9,154 Posts
:cool: Riding is going to be really great here for a week, some top riders coming out to play (y)
did you ever notice that ringing noise goes away when you are sleeping, riding or having sex

121 - 140 of 193 Posts