Cafe Racer Forum banner
141 - 160 of 193 Posts

· Registered
9,154 Posts
Seriously considering taking on a motorcycle dealership opportunity :unsure: but then I would need to upgrade my status to vendor and pay money to support this place, that sounds complicated and expensive. How much money we talking here?

... previous post doesn't show for me so far, I hope it's a picture of a new trials bike

· Registered
144 Posts
No new bike yet. Have been watching. Craigslist looks dead since they started charging for motorcycle ads. Than there is Facebook which I made an account to use and well nothing I would purchase within reasonable distance so far. The "!NEW BETA EVO!" looks nice but I think I should possibly start with something a bit cheaper. I just did a search while posting this and nothing new. I am thinking if I go new I may get a EVO 250.

It's been raining like hell, we are in mud land since the Blizzard.

I have been on a good break and have 2ish weeks left. Taking the rain time to work on my crusty system admin skills. Setup mail server, rebuild the home network, setup LAN Vaultwarden, put up a mastodon server on cloud hosting to experiment with. There is not much if any bike stuff to find on Mastodon. It's kind of an odd place really. Sort of alt web 3.0.

TrialsRider Ooo yha and I was just commenting on your best ride of the year bit. 01/07/23.

· Registered
9,154 Posts
You can recognize most of my trials sections because I usually start them into the most spectacular scary part right off the start, :geek: that way you stand the best chance of riding the hard part well and with some margin of safety. We have big fast terrain to ride and serious name riders come here to ride so I make everything big and fast and exciting, but tested. Everything I put in a trials competition for the pros has been tested by my GP rider (Guinea Pig Rider) usually JoshJosh and he likes fast:LOL: so fast and commit is usually key to success in my sections. Reward the brave and build a chicken out line to trap points from those that hesitate to go big. I might do another CMA national this year if I can find a date that works. Nationals are fun because you are expected to crank it up a notch.

· Registered
144 Posts
Seriously considering taking on a motorcycle dealership opportunity :unsure: but then I would need to upgrade my status to vendor and pay money to support this place, that sounds complicated and expensive. How much money we talking here?

... previous post doesn't show for me so far, I hope it's a picture of a new trials bike

What type of dealer/moniker?

· Registered
9,154 Posts
I read earlier in the year Montesa had a new distributor in the west. Are you looking at a full bike dealership or for HRC parts?
Don Doerksen of Cascade Imports out of Mission B.C. imports the machines to Canada and has for years, he's looking for representation in Ontario and I'd probably take on Jitsie for aftermarket parts and accessories. Honda tried selling Montesa out of their established retail dealerships for a few years and did a bad job of it. I would stock new machines, common needed parts and offer rider training.

· Registered
9,154 Posts
Yeah if the weather man knows what he is talking about we should be able to get ~5 hours ride here tomorrow :cool:
Does anybody else in the temperament zone ride the snow and ice or is that not a thing? :alien:

Sent from my antiquated computer using 3 fingers and 1 thumb :D

141 - 160 of 193 Posts