Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale is my 1973 sunburst orange CB500. I bought it earlier this summer from a guy who claimed his dad was the original owner. The bike had not been on the road for about 15 years. I bought it with the intentions of riding around all summer and then going cafe in the
winter while she was down. Alas, life and school had other planes. I only ended up putting a couple hundred miles on her and most of the time she slept lonely at night in my garage.

When I bought her she needed some work.

I replaced

1) New Bridgestone Battlax BT45 tires on the font and rear. ($240)
2) New Chain and front and rear sprockets ($125)
3 New Ebc brake pads up front and totally flushed and fresh fluid.($40)
4) New Wheel Bearings in the back as they were shot ($50)
5) New Battery ($20)

Right now i am having a problem with the charging which i have tested back and confirmed to be the rectifier. A cheap fix but i just need the bike gone to pay some bills. Aside from that she runs good but could probably use some carb cleaner as most old bikes could.

I paid 900 dollars and put in 475. I feel 1000 is a very fair price and am very firm on that.

If you have any questions feel free to post here or email me at [email protected]

AND NOW THE PICS!

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Life & school had other PLANES?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I wish I wasnt poor.. and you were closer. I have an early 70's race bike made from a 500/4 in my garage that would benefit from this bike.

'71 Honda CB500/4
'81 Honda CB125S
'01 Suzuki SV650

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
quote:
damn....that is my first street bike (well, not the same exact one), but looks the same, minus the stock bars, stock tail light and fender.

pretty decent deal at 1K!

where you at yo!

tex

http://groups.google.com/group/PhillyVinMoto

Tex, was that the gold one you got at mid-o when you worked for Cosmo? Had an SL rear fender, drag bars, side-cut 4-2's, a really stiff clutch and greasy Conti Bltzes?

Just asking....nothing creepy. I think I sold it to you.

Did we cover this already?

Honda go sideways!

http://groups.google.com/group/co-ohvinmoto

1 - 14 of 14 Posts