Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sold 1977 Ducati 860 GTS 8000 Miles

Up for sale is a great example of a Ducati 860 GTS This motorcycle as far as I know is all Original and unmolested. 8000 original miles. Runs Great. This bike has not been restored. It will start with one kick or two it also has electric starter. This bike has Marzocchi rear shocks look on ebay these alone are going from $400 to $900 depending on condition. The bike is currently registered and I just ran a 180 mile charity run with it last month. These bike are hard to find and I haven't seen one in quite a while with only 8000 miles. This vintage motorcycle is ready to ride, restore or keep it as it is. Tires are good I put a new battery in a month ago, Exhaust solid not rusted out. know thanks for looking. web1.jpg web2.jpg [video=youtube;BVLkpCYUlyM]http://youtu.be/BVLkpCYUlyM[/URL]http://youtu.be/Dj5ldSR_Z3o[/video]

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Well maybe this self promoting guy could actually list the bike here with a price instead of talking about what one random part may or may not be worth....
Makes me think he was parting or some crap.

·
Registered
928 Posts
$900 for marzocchis? Yeeaahhhh no. Asking price in Spain? Maybe. I own 4 sets. 1 NOS still in the box. Not worth even $400

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
SOLD 1977 Ducati 860 GTS For sale

My asking price is 8K Since September to now on ebay there were 4 Ducati 860 GT bikes that sold from 5000 to 8500. This bike is a GTS not a GT but it is unrestored so I have no expectation of 8500 range. If your interested make me a fair offer and I will consider it. I mentioned the Marzocchi gas rear shocks because these gas shocks did not come stock on this bike. I am advertising the bike as original and as far as I can tell these shocks are not the original shock so that's why I mentioned them specifically in the ad. This is not a parts bike. I bought from a collector that has too many bike and didn't get to restore this one. Originally I bought it for my Dad as a retirement present. Unfortunately he passed away before I could give it to him. I've put a total of 300 miles on it since I bought it and the latest ride was a run for prostate cancer about 180 miles.
I will be glad to answer any questions Thanks Ricky

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
I don't think the price is that crazy. It's a little high but that is what 860s seem to be advertised for these days.

makes sense about the marzocchi.

that's sad about your dad.

I wish I had the money. Would you consider a trade for an 06 sport 1000 duc with 3800 miles?

·
Registered
928 Posts
Good for you for not running off like most people who get all upset. I know nothing about the price of these bikes but its pretty cool.

I looked at your ebay and and yes the stock marzocchis are different. Those shocks you have came on some pentons. They are cool but the last set I saw sell for $150-$200. They are in my opinion the coolest of them because of the fins. Not something you are going to see often.

Good luck with the sale. Sorry to hear about your dad, hope your mom hangs in there.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Good for you for not running off like most people who get all upset. I know nothing about the price of these bikes but its pretty cool.

I looked at your ebay and and yes the stock marzocchis are different. Those shocks you have came on some pentons. They are cool but the last set I saw sell for $150-$200. They are in my opinion the coolest of them because of the fins. Not something you are going to see often.

Good luck with the sale.
thanks for the condolences.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wanted to add something I have had this question a few times so I figured to post it the lead engine seals are intact and have not been tampered with.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts