Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
lateredude-

all the cuddles you can stand for a fancy tank?....nah, i'm not ready yet...cuddles yes, hot tank no.

mojorules
-xott

Edited by - ttilghman on Jan 31 2008 7:16:03 PM

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
rosko is getting caps.... might be lookin good for you soon

but... you crash way too much... should make that thing outta rubber... so you bounce right back up.

mojo

latered

·
Registered
33 Posts
The tank may weigh just a bit more then my glass tank, if you think it looks good from the pic's Greg posted(and it does)

You should see it up close in person...

Fine work Greg, Well done!

Edited by - barefoot bob on Feb 08 2008 1:58:11 PM

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
quote:
The tank may weigh just a bit more then my glass tank, if you think it looks good from the pic's Greg posted(and it does)

You should see it up close in person...

Fine work Greg, Well done!

Edited by - barefoot bob on Feb 08 2008 1:58:11 PM
Thanks Bob.....glad to hear you liked it. I'm sure its gonna look great on that new bike of yours and probadly give you a few big smiles under that helmet. Definately post some pics...cant wait to see them.

Greg
www.OHIOCAFERACERS.com

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
cool. someone here bought it. awesome! definitely pics!

jc

i dont know shit

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Just in case anyone is interested....have another tank available. This is a pretty light tank...trying to hit that 2.5lbs mark that monkey had mentioned. Used a lighter twist on alloy cap..will try and get it on a scale here soon.

Will start hammering out the CR750 alloy tank this weekend. All the templates are done....need to cut out the metal and start hammering away. May try and take some video of the build. Will keep you guys posted.

Enjoy the pics:

More soon,
Greg
www.OHIOCAFERACERS.com

Edited by - ohiocaferacer on Feb 14 2008 11:19:15 PM

Edited by - ohiocaferacer on Feb 14 2008 11:20:34 PM

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Really nice work Greg. The CR750 tank - does it require any frame modification??? I have several cb750's I own (2-69's and 1-71). I'm thinking about using the 71 for a CR project. One 69 is cafe - the other 69 is undergoing a classic stock restoration that's underway for this winter's project. I am looking at starting on the 71 sometime this summer. (I have my 69 cafe picture posted on this site.)

I'm looking forward to a trip to mid-ohio this summer. I'm assuming you folks will be there and I can look you up.

again nice work;
Bob

·
Registered
965 Posts
FYI, I just got word that Greg is no longer taking orders for his aluminum tanks. I'm bummed because I really wanted one and was going to pull the trigger. Now I've got money burning a hole in my pocket! I just wish I had the time/skill to make a decent one myself. I've read mixed reviews about the USA customer buying experience from those tank shops over in the UK.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts