Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys, question on the fuel lines on a cb350 twin

on the tank there are 2 bungs located near the back, pulling from the base of the tank, and then a 3rd outlet off of the petcock

carbs have a fuel inlet and overflow on each.

I'm assuming/guessing it goes from petcock --> tee fitting --> carb inlets

but do the overflows go back to the tank (that's kind of counter intuitive to me, but I'm not sure what the deal is with those rear bungs then)

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
if the petcock has only one outlet, tee it and run to carb inlets, add inline fuel filters

the overflows just run so they would drip on the ground under the bike

those rear bungs - are for the tank cross over tube so gas can flow from one side to the other, so just connect them together

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
if the petcock has only one outlet, tee it and run to carb inlets, add inline fuel filters

the overflows just run so they would drip on the ground under the bike

those rear bungs - are for the tank cross over tube so gas can flow from one side to the other, so just connect them together

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
You can cap those two bungs off and still run it fine. Just keep your tank topped off. Makes tank removal much less of a messy pain in the ass.

If you do run out of gas, all you gotta do is get over to the side of the road and lean the bike wayyyy over to the right to slosh some of the trapped fuel from the left side over to the right.

I'm not even kidding.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
You can cap those two bungs off and still run it fine. Just keep your tank topped off. Makes tank removal much less of a messy pain in the ass.

If you do run out of gas, all you gotta do is get over to the side of the road and lean the bike wayyyy over to the right to slosh some of the trapped fuel from the left side over to the right.

I'm not even kidding.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i'm gonna do that, i envision my tank will need to be removed many more times, and spilling fuel everywhere gets old fast.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i'm gonna do that, i envision my tank will need to be removed many more times, and spilling fuel everywhere gets old fast.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
you can put a quick disconnect fitting in and get the best of both worlds, get one that shuts off flow on both ends when disconnected

mcmaster carr has them

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
quote:Originally posted by spacmanspif300

quote:Originally posted by midge

running out of gas gets old too
agree.
Well you old pansies, I've run out of gas on my bunghole-capped 350 exactly zero times in 10 years.

I've had to do the "roadside lean" from time to time, sure, but you know, whatever.

Is the McMaster quick-disconnect any better quality than the Motion-Pro one? Because that thing's a POS.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
i figure with all the lefts rights and bumps who really needs a cross over, but then again if your not taking the tank off every three days just put the cross over on

dont know about the motion pro but i have had mixed results with the mc master carr unit i wonder if its really compatible with gas?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I usually just pinch off a side with needlenose pliers and quickly stick my finger over the other side... I've never spilled more than a teaspoon of gas or so...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts