Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got this fiberglass fuel tank off of ebay for a song (slight damage on the lower left, but nothing that can't be fixed)

anyone know what bike it could've been from?

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
I have several of those tanks in my garage (including an NOS one). They are from a california company in the 60's and 70's but I forget the name (something moto). Very popular racing tank in the 1970s. Monkey might know more (and remember the name).

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
I have several of those tanks in my garage (including an NOS one). They are from a california company in the 60's and 70's but I forget the name (something moto). Very popular racing tank in the 1970s. Monkey might know more (and remember the name).

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
something to add about those tanks: most of them had norton style mounts - where the tank has posts on the bottom and required tabs be welded to the frame to bolt to. Also the tank is so narrow it fits well on single backbone frames (like brit frames) but japanese double and triple backbone frames will require some "adjustment"

here are some pics of the same tank mounted on a kawasaki h1 frame. In one of the pics you can see the rear mounts. you can also see how the tank sits a hair above the frame rails:

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
something to add about those tanks: most of them had norton style mounts - where the tank has posts on the bottom and required tabs be welded to the frame to bolt to. Also the tank is so narrow it fits well on single backbone frames (like brit frames) but japanese double and triple backbone frames will require some "adjustment"

here are some pics of the same tank mounted on a kawasaki h1 frame. In one of the pics you can see the rear mounts. you can also see how the tank sits a hair above the frame rails:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts