Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a few of us are big proponents of full face helmets. I myself am guilty of riding around with a 3/4 open occasionally around town. that being said onto a picture that solidifies the argument for a full face.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Wow...that had to be painful! was it you? are you okay?

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Yeah but if he'd have been wearing one of those beany helmets he'd have been able to hear better and would have been able to avoid the accident. Especially if he'd have had loud pipes.

Craig

·
Registered
576 Posts
And a Gremlin bell to ward off the evil spirits.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
In India recently having a conversation with one of the locals as to the merits of wearing a helmet, she replied that, "Wearing a helmet is more dangerous because in a crash it can shatter and intensify your injuries." I couldn't agree more.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
quote:Originally posted by spacmanspif300

In India recently having a conversation with one of the locals as to the merits of wearing a helmet, she replied that, "Wearing a helmet is more dangerous because in a crash it can shatter and intensify your injuries." I couldn't agree more.
there was favorite story in Pakistan about a rider crashing with a helmet. after getting off the ground he sat down on the curb and took his helmet off and his head fell apart dropping his brain on the ground.

moral: dont wear a helmet if you dont want your head splitting open!!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I find it utterly hilarious; she was an otherwise really intelligent, progressive, westernized girl. It makes me wonder, as Americans, what fictions we widely accept without thinking, which other cultures would immediately spot as lunacy-things people believed only before the Age of Reason. Like the bogey man, or that iron burns devils.

"Well of COURSE wearing a helmet makes you less safe. Duh!" I actually didn't know what to say; I was so caught off guard.

Even if the helmet shatters and cuts your scalp, it's bound to be less injurious than your cranium smashing the pavement and you dying instantly or your face turning into hamburger on the concrete.

Granted, helmets that cause your head to fall apart are pretty dangerous. I don't recommend wearing those.

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
I hate it when my brain falls out after a crash.

Ken

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Years ago my brain fell out of my helmet after a crash. Thats probably why I'm still on bikes and racing. Although I have been told that after the crash the ambulance guy picked up my brain and stuck it up another orifice. That could explain it better.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
In my car days the biggest danger was the helmet cutting off the circulation to the driver's brain. It only effected a few, but was often reoccurring for them.

We referred to it as putting your helmet on and your head falling off.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I finally understand this issue. people without brains don't need to wear helmets. Of course. Why didn't I see that earlier?

·
Registered
34 Posts
fun and games aside .... Just stay safe... the more protection, the better... same with sex... safe but not as free and fun.... not as god intended... but i will hopefully survive to get F-ed another day.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Oh peeshaw I say to you all. My brain falls on the ground at least once a week. Not an ill effect to this day, but each time it happens I feel more Irish that's all.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
93 Posts
I was talking to my cousin's friend about motorcycles once, he told me when he got into a crash on the highway, it was because the helmet was obscuring his view; now he refuses to wear a helmet...

Now I'm pretty sure his bad driving was to blame, and the only thing preventing his death was the helmet...how to people come to such wacky conclusions...

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
quote:Originally posted by spacmanspif300

I find it utterly hilarious; she was an otherwise really intelligent, progressive, westernized girl.
-----------------------------------
Considering the direction in which "really intelligent</u>" "progressive</u>"
westernized popular culture has taken this country, the reason the girl sounds so misinformed and ignorant may indeed be self explanatory.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts