Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a rare opportunity last weekend, got to sit on a bike that I thought was really cool as a kid (and still do)

·
Registered
204 Posts
looks like Robin got the short end of the stick on that deal. That front fairing is actually quite cool if it were on the same scale as the bike. is that George Barris' handiwork? he did a bunch of stuff for television and movies back in the day didn't he

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the pictures taken last weekend at the Fleetwood Country Cruize-In at the Estate of a guy named Steve Plunkett. Details here:
www.FleetwoodCountryCruizeIn.com
He's loaded and puts on this charity event.
I've put a link at the bottom that has a nice album of pictures I took there on Saturday. I met George Barris and had him autograph a couple of my Corgi die-cast cars (Batmobile and Green Hornets "Black Beauty")
Then I waited 2 1/2 hrs. to get Adam West autograph the car and Julie Newmar to autograph an 8X10 glossy.

To top off my day I went for a ride in the original Bat copter (video to follow soon), the only downer was my Bandit falling over in the parking area. I parked in the same place as 4 other bikes and I apparently picked the only soft spot. The centre stand sunk in until both tires touched and down it went. Damage was minimal, but it still P****D me off, it's fixed except for the handle bars, the left is about an inch higher than the right...and so it goes.
If you're into Batman you'll enjoy the pictures.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bannedit/sets/72157605563105242/

The side covers said 350, and I guess there are several version of the Batcycle around.

If you're not into Batman well......enjoy!
Here's a little something extra, these were the only trophies I saw!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
getting close to that fine line here with the most recent posting....that's probabley someone's daughter, or sister, or mother/food supply...but at least it gets the subject off the gay theme. come on. batman was so gay. the rich man with the young live in "partner"named robin? those outfits? a butler? and most telling...his deal with cat woman...he never had any interest in availing himself of her feline favors. not that there's anything wrong with that....
-parks

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
quote:getting close to that fine line here with the most recent posting....that's probabley someone's daughter, or sister, or mother/food supply
That may be true, but it was a public event and if she's going to walk around looking like that with those beauties on display for everyone to see...so if she feels secure enough to walk out in public then I'm sure that her parents, sister or kids don't have a problem with it.
She was walking around with her husband/partner and he sure wasn't trying to make her cover up, so, click, click, click, zoom, click!

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
oh my god, i thought THAT was adam west. i was going to say he looks rooooouuugh!

shes kind of scaring me, but im glad someone put something hetro on here.

i would ave rather seen pics of the batcopter.
jc

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
S'funny thing, I never noticed she had a face until you mentioned it!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
quote:Originally posted by joe c

oh my god, i thought THAT was adam west. i was going to say he looks rooooouuugh!

shes kind of scaring me, but im glad someone put something hetro on here.

i would ave rather seen pics of the batcopter.
jc
The last two thumb nails in the link I provided are video clips of the Batcopter being unloaded off the trailer and then coming in for a landing.

Here's the link again:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bannedit/sets/72157605563105242/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts