Cafe Racer Forum banner

Fundraising?

877 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Whiteboy 
#1 ·
I am cross posting this. I ran this post on the yahoo group as well, so sorry if you have to read it twice.

Greetings folks: I don't know if the following is permitted on this forum or not, but given the issue, I am going to risk a stiff reprimand from the forum director. I submit this posting with the caveat that it will not be followed with a second.

Two of my good friends from my years in Madison, Wisconsin (Tim and Amy Trumble) have a great 2 year old son named Adam. Adam has been in Milwaukee County Children's hospital since July waiting on a heart transplant. Tim is a hard working fireman for Milwaukee and although has good health insurance, it will likely reach its limits in the near future. I am not directly soliciting funds from you (although you can donate thru the following website http://www.cotaforadamt.com/ should you care to). There are great pictures of adam as well at the site.

My question is whether anyone has experience organizing a fundraising event focusing around motorcycles, vintage motorcycles or vintage motorcycle racing? If so, could you please email me offline (ginjoint@hotmail). I will be at Frontierland (FCB No. 223) in October and can also chat with you then. Questions I have revolve around marketing, insurance, activities, etc?

I am contacting the Wisconsin BMWMOA club as well to see if they can assist in a fundraising ride I would like to put together for Adam next season close to his home.

Thanks again,

Pete Casper (FCB No. 223).

Yeller'
---
Ask not what the wanker can do for you, but what you can do for your wanker!

See less See more
#3 ·
Im new to the boards so i didnt know about this, but have to say im very glad to hear hes doing well. our family wishes him & his family best wishes & a long healthy life. My now 6 yr old went through leukemia & had a bone marrow transplant he battled it & beat it & we are 2 years cancer free. Its truly amazing what these kids can go through & how tough they are.God bless Him & his family.

see pics of my rebuild here

http://www.myspace.com/whiteboytsbr

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.