Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given that my race season is obscenely short, I am looking at what bike I can race that will be competitive with the most organizations so I can run most races as close to WI as possible. That would be CRA at Brainerd and Mid - america, CCS at Blackhawk and Road America, and WERA at Brainerd?( what do you know about this, Tex) and Grattan. Plus WERA at Summit Point for the Caferacer.Net any club vintage rally, if and when it happens. I am going to keep a 350 or 2 ready to go but they can not be competitive for CCS or CRA. Therefore a 86-88 FZ600 seems to be the way to go for me cause I like them. Anybody have some parts or an old racebike or know of anybody? Especially in the midwest? I may end up just building one out of parts since it is easiest to ship stuff to WI while I am here in AK. The logistics get to be a bit of a mess.

Help me out here, or my life will suck even more than it already does.

Thanks,
Ken

AHRMA 412
Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Texy,
Glad you sobered up. It needs to be the FZ cause it is anair cooled 2 valve motor so it fits in V5.

Ken

AHRMA 412

·
Registered
201 Posts
I know where a good fzr600 is but it's in FL I could get it to missouri pretty easy.. no title but works for a race bike not sure the year though

carpe diem.... seize the carp

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
ken,

where were you a year ago when i couldn't give away my 88 FZ600 runner with A-title and new airtech body.......

i did end up giving it away at an auction (took a bath).

sorry to rub it in, but i'll try to make it up for you if the deal falls through in MN (by finding another).

kudos to new guy roy for coming up big!

cheers,

texy

http://groups.google.com/group/PhillyVinMoto

·
Registered
2 Posts
quote:
Given that my race season is obscenely short, I am looking at what bike I can race that will be competitive with the most organizations so I can run most races as close to WI as possible. That would be CRA at Brainerd and Mid - america, CCS at Blackhawk and Road America, and WERA at Brainerd?( what do you know about this, Tex) and Grattan. Plus WERA at Summit Point for the Caferacer.Net any club vintage rally, if and when it happens. I am going to keep a 350 or 2 ready to go but they can not be competitive for CCS or CRA. Therefore a 86-88 FZ600 seems to be the way to go for me cause I like them. Anybody have some parts or an old racebike or know of anybody? Especially in the midwest? I may end up just building one out of parts since it is easiest to ship stuff to WI while I am here in AK. The logistics get to be a bit of a mess.

Help me out here, or my life will suck even more than it already does.

Thanks,
Ken

AHRMA 412

·
Registered
2 Posts
ken, if you're still looking i've got an 86fz600 sitting in my brother's garage in redondo beach (los angeles). rode it ny-la in the winter of 2002, blew the electrix and coasted into his garage. had a local shop replace the electrics and it ran. sitting in the garage since, let me know if you're interested.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Michael,
Probably a little difficult for me to get it from CA to WI. But, how much do you want for it? I do have some race buddies that work out there for Honda so maybe they could help me out. Of course, since they are race buddies they may end up with my bike being one of their new bikes.

Ken

AHRMA 412

1 - 8 of 8 Posts