Cafe Racer Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Administrator
243 Posts
Went to change the chain and sprockets from 630 to 530 a couple of weekends ago and found that the front sprocket nut had12 ton of weld holding it in place

Anyways fixed the drive shaft thingo , grinder off the weld , the threads on the nut and shaft were totally destroyed

Started the bike and let the shaft spin , held a file against it and cleaned up the mess

New button die and refreshed with a new 18mm thread instead of the original 20 mm
Nice work.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Sorted

Took it for a ride yesterday , bulk fun

All good except I think I need to clean the tank out , got some shit in there for sure , prolly cock roches, this bike has been sitting for years

Much nicer with the new chain and sprockets

Now all's I have to do is get rid of the front guard and paint my seat brown

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
243 Posts
getting what ?
I thought that your reply was you being humourous, as almost every guy here hates the idea of no fenders, and aren't that keen on the brown seat thing.

Sorry if I misread your post. Go the fenderless, brown seat, knobby tyres thing if that's your inclination. Everyone is welcome here.

·
Registered
1979 XS750
112 Posts
[QUOTE="Classic250, post: 650771, member: 30787" Go the fenderless, brown seat, knobby tyres thing if that's your inclination. Everyone is welcome here.
[/QUOTE]
Don’t encourage him haha
That really cleaned up well And looked like you had plenty of threads to torque it on there (y)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Yeah , I was very happy with the result

Much easier than having to replace the shaft

Lots of good thread , some lock tight and a new lock washer

Took it for a test run then took the cover back off to have a look , all's good

Hoping not to find any more dragons on this bike

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
243 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I thought that your reply was you being humourous, as almost every guy here hates the idea of no fenders, and aren't that keen on the brown seat thing.

Sorry if I misread your post. Go the fenderless, brown seat, knobby tyres thing if that's your inclination. Everyone is welcome here.
Not so easy being nice at Caferacer.net, is it?

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Cat loves talking in the third person

21 - 35 of 35 Posts