Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Giannini Racing

While the rest of us were eating figgy pudding or drinking eggnog, Uch was busy turning machines in the shop and getting ready for the coming season. The man is brilliant and relentless.

2 of 3 Honda CR77 motors that will be built by spring...plus Midge's CB350 motor.
20130114_111128.jpg

1 CR77 motor in the frame
20130114_110859.jpg

CR internals
20130114_110956.jpg

CR rear end Works conversion
20130114_111026.jpg

CB350 Winter Modification TestRun
20130114_140132.jpg

Benelli 240/4 ready for paint and gasoline...and yes, that's a Honda factory replica in the background.
20130114_144002.jpg

wow!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
twin disk, cant wait to see how that works out, i hope its killler

yea i got the chance to ride the cr77 prototype at barber for a practice round it was a lot of fun, i was told to take it easy, the motor felt great and i cant wait to try the final version, oh so looking forward to spring

·
Registered
893 Posts
how does he get his shit so clean, just bead blast everything? i didnt remember seeing a cabinet in his basement.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
markus-

yep, he has a small blasting cabinet and uses it well. but, i will tell you it works better when the shop-vac it tuned to suck instead of blow...."tilghman, what the hell are you doing down here. you're either real tough or real stupid! i'm not sure which?" haha.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
markus-

yep, he has a small blasting cabinet and uses it well. but, i will tell you it works better when the shop-vac it tuned to suck instead of blow...."tilghman, what the hell are you doing down here. you're either real tough or real stupid! i'm not sure which?" haha.
are you guys running a dry clutch?

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Craig-

you're right, that setup won't be able to run with AHRMA or VRRA, is there something else i'm missing?

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah, giannini is able to command some serious stuff. the dual disks will run with USCRA and WERA and he's building a single disk wheel with a different caliper for AHRMA and VRRA....crazy. I'm glad your just busting, we sure don't want to run afoul of the rules. right up to the edge, yeah, but not over...he kinda hates that about me. one of his disparaging nicknames for me is, "the rulebook". haha.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts