Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, in hopes that there's at least one Brit fan out there, I went up to NH to Vintage Eddies (he's got a nice shop) near Keene and bought a wideline featherbed frame he had hanging on the wall. I'm going to have Evan Wilcox make me a Manx tank for it with the built in oil tank which will negate the need for a side or center mounted oil tank. Evan works in alloy and does great work.

Dgy

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Sounds like a good start. What are you going to do for suspension and brakes? Stick with Brit or go with aftermarket or go with good other brand OEM components?

Ken

·
Registered
699 Posts
Rotax's are Austrian built. I have 3 of them and you can make some SERIOUS power out of them with the right head and a lot of compression. i don't know anything about the G80 motor, but rotax seems to do good work with just about everything they do. They built the new Buell motor and their success with sea-doo's is off the chart. as for the suspension, i think it would be really cool to find some ohlins shocks with some big honking WP forks on it, you could get the shocks from an older KTM dirt bike and have them reworked, and then the forks were pretty common in flattrack circles before the whole DTX movement, so they could probably be had cheap. then you'd have a sick looking resto-mod bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts