Cafe Racer Forum banner

Garage from hell

9K views 55 replies 11 participants last post by  LiLBull 
#1 ·
Hi everybody,
Great site jeremy, ive been enjoying snooping around in here. Just thought Id show everybody what ive gotten myself into. In the pic is a 1974 water buffalo project, A parts bike cb400f that im raping, hidden behind that is jays old Rd400 which ive decided is too nice to part. MAke a good street racer i think, and then my beloved cb550f that Im trying to put together for next yr. Anybody got any ideas?
Guy

hee heehee

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Hey Jeremy,
Ya I know about the picture, Im pretty computer illiterate. I sent jason the pic in an e-mail hoping he would post it for me. You dont know where I could find a bigger garage. Im in this unstopable japanese bike frenzy and going over the edge. no, just kidding. Im going to cool it and try to get the water buff going. Ive always wanted to put one through its paces.
Guy

hee heehee

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Hey everyone,
Now that ive started this topic does anybody need any parts? Ive got quite a few cb400f parts, plus a rd350 motor in need of help for sale or trade. My father has an 1981 GS850 that ive been threatening him with the Buffalo. He thinks hes unstopable with the Gs. Some guy responded to a post on one of the yahoo boards about it and says he owns both. Well I guess he gives the nod to the Buff. THing must screem!

Whens the wheel starts awhoblin...... need to finish that

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Hi Chuck,
I have Three cb400f parts bikes that i have been stripping for sale on Ebay. A 1975,1976,1977 Not a whole lot left. I would like to get rid of one of the frames at least, One has a motor that turns over but is iffy. Im supposed to have a running cb400f by the end of next week. Some guy broke his back on it a couple of days ago and I found it on back of a wrecker. It actually looks pretty good. Amazing how these things come out of the woodwork.
Not much for cb550 parts yet but im looking hard.
Theres a supposely running 550 on ebay right now. Dont know of any yamaha rd engines around?
Guy

Discussion starter · #9 ·
Chuck,
What do you have to trade,
Im in need of an 550 4into one exhaust, rear blinkers for an 550 honda, tires, just some ideas.
Yamaha rd400 motor
I probable can come up with a decent chassis between two of them.
Guy

Discussion starter · #11 ·
Hey chuck,
The big bore kit and blinkers sound great. Ask me some questions about the 400s

Discussion starter · #14 ·
Ive got at least one good frame, two motors that turn over, wheels, swingarm, forks, Im trying to think of the definition of an rolling chassis? I would probably have to end some fo my auctions early,
Guy

Discussion starter · #18 ·
Its really nice here but the dirt roads freaking suck. Anybody know how to mount knobbies on my vintage racer?

Whens the wheel starts awhoblin start thinking about stopin.

Discussion starter · #20 ·
Naw guys on a more honest note, Ive never raced on a track but have to say at thirty four and overwieght I wood consider it. Ive been biking off and on since about 11 yrs old. GRaduated all the way up to a GPz 750 back in the early 90s. MAn that thing handled awfull. AS an beginner would a rd 400 be too much? How much money too get into it?
Probably just dreaming cause I have too kids. but who knows.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Wow!!
I really couldnt have expected a better reply. I think the first thing is to do what you said and go to louden. Maybe I could tag along with somebody? What is everybodies idea of me using an rd 400 that I have? Is the rd class too competitive for a beginner? Wsh it was spring now.
Guy

Discussion starter · #28 ·
I remember you telling me about this bike, Maybe a good idea? The rds a little tempermental? Tell me more. Does it run? ITs not pin or anything?

The bike breaker

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Im tempted, but that puts me back to square on with the RD that I have. Im pretty confident that with my limited skills I could get the Rd running. My skill with four strokes (lack of) puts me at a disavantage. Have you had any luck finding a 4into1 for an CB550? When do you want these rolling CB400F chassis's.? Does JD have any pics here showing amatuer race bikes?

The bike breaker

Discussion starter · #36 ·
Ahh, So I see ape hangers are allowed ay. Maybe one of you guys would let me ride on back just to get a feel for it. What kind of bikes Could I race against with the RD400? Any four strokes? Just to put it out there that next week I am supposed to have a running CB400f bike. I let everyone 'know what shapes it in when I get it. This guy broke his back on it last week and I got it for towing fees.

The bike breaker

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.