Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone heard of this? i totally rebuilt my stock cb360 petcock(gas is only coming out of one fuel line and then stops)i checked main jets and pilot jets, look great with no gum up,(used air compressor also) diaphrams are new, intake boots are in great shape, it is still running like shit, like its running out of fuel around 4,000 rpms until 8,000 rpms. runs great 0-4000, i figured it was main jets clogged. points gapped correctly and valves have been checked, any ideas? You guys told me to read up and and bust into mechanic mode, which i did, everything looked brand new. which previous owner did give me receipts for carb rebuild in 2010.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
forgot to state that after 4,000 its got a popping or misfire from exhaust, power comes in sporadiacally from 4,000-8000 and damn near rips your headoff like whiplash

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
forgot to state that after 4,000 its got a popping or misfire from exhaust, power comes in sporadiacally from 4,000-8000 and damn near rips your headoff like whiplash

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
raise the needles

like I told you a week ago

I'd tell you how to confirm this as the problem, but the things I type are invisible

or you could unlatch the gas cap

if you get gas on your balls it will be unpleasant

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
raise the needles

like I told you a week ago

I'd tell you how to confirm this as the problem, but the things I type are invisible

or you could unlatch the gas cap

if you get gas on your balls it will be unpleasant

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
with a cap venting issue, the bike will run fine for a few minutes, then run lean, then stall out and die. a minute later it will restart like nothing happened.

Ratty is right (you'll always be ratty to me ken), raise the slide needles one notch and see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
with a cap venting issue, the bike will run fine for a few minutes, then run lean, then stall out and die. a minute later it will restart like nothing happened.

Ratty is right (you'll always be ratty to me ken), raise the slide needles one notch and see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Can't be the mains if it feels like strong after the hiccup in the mid-range. Mid-range stumble = needle adjustment. With what you said, I concur with the last two replies. Lift the needle.

Good info on this site, its real general so take it with a grain of salt...

http://hondanighthawks.net/carb14.htm

GL

·
Registered
865 Posts
Can't be the mains if it feels like strong after the hiccup in the mid-range. Mid-range stumble = needle adjustment. With what you said, I concur with the last two replies. Lift the needle.

Good info on this site, its real general so take it with a grain of salt...

http://hondanighthawks.net/carb14.htm

GL

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
quote:Originally posted by joe c

ratty should have stayed....with the addition of ladymuffins. because thats effin funny.
i agree. every time i see it, i think "who the hell is that" then take a split second to translate it back to ratty.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
quote:Originally posted by joe c

ratty should have stayed....with the addition of ladymuffins. because thats effin funny.
i agree. every time i see it, i think "who the hell is that" then take a split second to translate it back to ratty.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts