Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

i recently bought a 1974 Honda cb360 for a cafe racer project and need to replace the tank as it has a bunch of small dents all over it. But, as anyone who owns one knows, finding a tank in good shape for a reasonable price for these bikes is nearly impossible. I was wondering if anyone knew which tanks could be used instead of the stock tank from other model hondas and if they should all basically bolt right up. any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Good luck, buddy. I think you might just have to "undent" the one you have.

Might be a good learning exp.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Don't think any other tanks will bolt right on. cb360 tanks are a dime a dozen on eBay. Often I see them listed as cb350 tanks. However, I don't think the two tanks are interchangeable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info, i am working on filling the larger dents with filler as we speak, but most of the takns ive found have similar dents where the fork pushed into the tank while being dropped

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
dude...fill out your bio. i have a hole cb360 f/s cheap with perfect body (seat and tank), $350.00 takes it!

but it ain't worth it if you live in kalamazoo....i'm in philly!

tex

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Kalamazoo is nearby. You had me all excited, until I read his bio. Georgia. What a disappointment.

·
Registered
854 Posts
i was playing around with the "search" option and found a project build where a guy, can't remember who, fab'ed a cx500 tank on a smaller cc Honda. ended up looking really good. i wouldn't focus on finding a bolt on tank, anyone can do that. i would either rebuild the one i have or fab on a tank i like better.

i am a huge fan of my factory cb750 tank because it holds over 4 gallons. i wouldn't want anything smaller than that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts