Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
That looks like a lot of AMAL monobloc or concentric main jets. Big ones could be as large as 700's for a Vincent as I recall from people that ran those beasts.
Actually the Lightning with the T10TT9 ran 1400 mains on alcohol, but a lot less with GP's. Don't think there is a Lightning in my future. One just sold at Bonhams https://www.bonhams.com/press_release/25534/ I had a chance to buy one about 10 years ago from a friend for considerably less, but still didn't have the "spare change". He probably wishes he still had it.

1400.jpg TT.jpg

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Unless ethanol is naturally occurring in gasoline in Oregon then it has been added.Lead was an additive.
no you are mistaken
the alky is fuel the gas is fuel they are blended once blended e-10 is its name
it's ah fuck you cant be that dumb but you had me for a minute nice stinky bait

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
no you are mistaken
the alky is fuel the gas is fuel they are blended once blended e-10 is its name
it's ah fuck you cant be that dumb but you had me for a minute nice stinky bait
The alcohol is alcohol the gasoline gasoline but yes they are both used for fuel. If they used 20% alcohol as the additive to the gasoline would it's name still be e-10?

·
Registered
5,527 Posts

... can link you another hundred+ instances where intelligent people refer to ethanol as being a fuel additive to gasoline if you like.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
So if ethanol is an additive for gasoline at e10....
Is gasoline an additive for ethanol at e85???

Really... don't we have better things to argue about like the lack of value of building a modern sportsbike from scratch?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts