Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I'm new to this forum I will be getting a cb750 on Sunday its already cafe for the most part I'm gonna be posting pictures when i get it I'm posting to get some information on this bike problem wise besides the bike being 30 years old is there any problems these bikes are know for I should expect any information would be nice. Thanks for all the info I have. Gained so far from this site I'm hyped for this bike.

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
What flavor of cafe? I'm particular towards a good dark french roast. Cappuccino can be a little much sometimes, but I do like a strong coffee. Helps with wheelies. And I need a lot of help with wheelies.

And that's not a euphemism for erections. I'm not that old.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Tuck, I hope it is a K or F model and not a C "custom cruizer" with the 16" rear wheel

K F C .... was that intentional on Honda's part? Does KFC serve cafe' ?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Tuck, welcome. Have a thick skin. Learn punctuation and sentence structure. Fill out your bio - just a name and location would suffice. Have fun with your new bike. Use the "search" function to find older posts regarding your model bike.

I am done being civil for the day.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Wellcome btuck, there are afew thing that usualy give trouble on this model, 1) the charging system, usualy the rotor goes bad. 2) the ign spark boxs can fail. 3/ the valve stem seals can fail. 4) keep the valves and cam chain adjusted. I have a '78 sohc750 and a'80 dohc750, the dohc definatly has more power. The main difference I notice is that the dohc bike feels a lot heavier,especially if I have to push it around the garage,and there's no kick start. I would also recomend you get case savers, this is a wide motor and the side cases will die if you go down. If you get a 750f or c it's not hard to convert to whire wheels if that's the plan. Please do post pictures.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Wellcome btuck, there are afew thing that usualy give trouble on this model, 1) the charging system, usualy the rotor goes bad. 2) the ign spark boxs can fail. 3/ the valve stem seals can fail. 4) keep the valves and cam chain adjusted. I have a '78 sohc750 and a'80 dohc750, the dohc definatly has more power. The main difference I notice is that the dohc bike feels a lot heavier,especially if I have to push it around the garage,and there's no kick start. I would also recomend you get case savers, this is a wide motor and the side cases will die if you go down. If you get a 750f or c it's not hard to convert to whire wheels if that's the plan. Please do post pictures.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts