Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn,
I was just in PA last weekend to visit my mommy and while i was there I had some of that Gennesee(sp?) Creme Ale. Does anybody know where I can get that in Boston, if they even distribute to Eastern MA. You'd think they would as I believe it's brewed in New York.

It puts the lotion on it's body

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Genny is brewed in Rochester, NY right on the Genessee river. It is pretty much a western NY cheap local brew (we rarely get it in NYC). My apartment in Rochester used to be on the opposite bank from the genesee brewery, loved that fermenting yeast smell. Once when drunk I tried to swim the genesee river in the middle of december....stupid.

Regular Genney tastes like liquid wonder bread which suffice to say is awful (I mean worse than beast awful), never had the creme ale. The Genessee brewery is also the NY regional distributor for Honey Brown Ale which I believe is brewed in boston, so I am going to go out on a limb and say anywhere you can find honey brown should have Genesee beer.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
geets didn't mention that they have it on draught at clubmans in the city. not many patrons order it though. it is rude.
-parks

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
I remember my dad drinking Genesee when I was a kid. And Naragansett beer. Smart enough to have never drank it myself, but I had cousins who drank it by the case. Lone Star is the same in TX. And Stroh's used to be the same here. Beers so bad the rest of the country should be glad they remain regional. Micro-breweries are sort of the new equivalent, but fashionable. Anyone outside the midwest ever heard of Kalamazoo Brewing? My wife loves a beer they brew called Oberon (the beer formerly known as Solsun).

·
Registered
687 Posts
eh, in austin lone star is known as the national beer of texas and it's about the only damn thing you can drink when the heat index says a hundred and twenty with 90% humidity. anything heavier is like drinking molten lead.

ever had honey brown out of a keg? tastes like banana beer, not a good thing...

...connoisseur of slack...

·
Registered
266 Posts
I tried that stuff once and was almost sick, I like some micron breweries stuff (moosehead, sleaman) but a lot of it is crap.

Hey someone pas me the wrench........ Ahh screw it where is the torch

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
i like lone star. i also like shinerbock.

shit in phillyarea we got yards, flying fish, victory, dogfish head.....

it is a very good beer town.

still love my tetley's and my yuengling.

tex

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:
I thought the brewery was in Utica....

BORN TO LURK, FORCED TO WORK.
www.NYCvinMoto.com
www.VinMoto.org
utica club brewery is in utica. Genesee is in Rochester, it is named because the Genesee river passes right through the center of the city.

·
Registered
453 Posts
anyone remember ballantines ale? man i miss that stuff living down here in hell, south carolina.

fat people are harder to kidnap

·
Registered
242 Posts
quote:
anyone remember ballantines ale? man i miss that stuff living down here in hell, south carolina.
I just had two pints tonight

fat people are harder to kidnap
I had two pints of Bally ale tonight, just don't tell anyone. Cheap and good. Portland has two local brewerys Shipyard and Geary's. Both good. One of them makes Old Thumper. Thats good and heavy duty. Ballantine Ale was the preferred drink of my Aunt Catherine but thats another story.
Ballantine ale is easy to find here in Maine. I used to really like the narragansett Bock beer as well as the regular 'Gansett in bar botles when I lived in jamaica plain (thats Boston)
Shouldn't I have something better to do than get into this thread?

nN888

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
i just went to a party.... watched some skating, drank

went for the blue moon,,then downgraded to the miller.
champagne of beers

matt

latered

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
quote:portland has two local brewerys Shipyard and Geary's. Both good.
My in-laws own my summer cottage in Noblesboro. They always have plenty of both in the 'fridge when we arrive. It's not summer for my wife until she has a Geary's on the deck, looking out over the lake. Gritty's is also good Portland beer, especially the Black Fly stout. It's the next best thing to a Guinness.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That beer ball will bungee to the back seat right?
I'll be checking local distributors this weekend.

BTW there was a loverly CB750 with a solo seat, pods, clean cases and shockingly stock bars. On South street by the Bus station, anyone?

It puts the lotion on it's body

1 - 15 of 15 Posts