Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just picked up a 1974 CB360T. Thanks to this site. I just have a few questions. First off I've really got to do something about that tank! Are there any other tanks that will fit onto a Cb360 chassis that are a bit more Cafe looking? I'd love to get one from Ohio Cafe but they're a bit out of my budjet right now. Second I have to rebuild the carbs. Are there any performance upgrades I can make while I have them apart? I'd like to leave the engine more or less stock for now, but can I increase performance a little by leaning out the main jet or what not? Thirdly what are the opinions of rear sets? I've read that alot of after market ones are junky. Could I just flip the gear selector over run a foot peg back around the passenager peg and have 1 up 5 down? If I did that what could I do about the back brake? Also would shifting like that be a bit odd?
Is there anything else I'm not considering? Let's hear it.

Thanks in advance for the tips

Thanks for the tips

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah one other thing. Where can I find manuals for this bike? Workshop manual, spare parts manual and owners manual.

Thanks

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
thats gp shift. the way the majority of race bikes are setup. the brake is another issue all together. itd take some welding and bending to get it to work. but its doable. mike was running a 400ss tank on his 360 for a while. it looked cool.

jc

·
Registered
9 Posts
Jay,

Get your exhaust and filters figured out before you rejet (solder the hole and drill it back out). For rearsets, place them somewhere in rear peg mount bracket (make a blank out plate. But not in the rear peg holes (trust me that's way too far back).

you'll figure it out

Best Regards

Jay

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By "solder the hole and drill it out" Are you refering to the main jet? That's a different way to jet than I'm used too. On Vespa's and Lammy's I've always got a jet kit. With pretty every main jet idle etc. I could ever need. I think for now I'm going to stick with the stock exhaust maybe pull some of the baffling out. But I think I'm going to use K&N filters. Any idea how many points I'd have to go up on the main? I'm 850ASL. How much would I need to modify a 400F tank to fit? It does look pretty cool.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
The cj360T tank is more breadbox cafe style than the cb stocker, although it is still small. If you can find one they shouldn't be too expensive (I bought a NOS one for $125) but you'll have to figure out something else for your seat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts