Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just picked up a 1974 CB360T. Thanks to this site. I just have a few questions. First off I've really got to do something about that tank! Are there any other tanks that will fit onto a Cb360 chassis that are a bit more Cafe looking? I'd love to get one from Ohio Cafe but they're a bit out of my budjet right now. Second I have to rebuild the carbs. Are there any performance upgrades I can make while I have them apart? I'd like to leave the engine more or less stock for now, but can I increase performance a little by leaning out the main jet or what not? Thirdly what are the opinions of rear sets? I've read that alot of after market ones are junky. Could I just flip the gear selector over run a foot peg back around the passenager peg and have 1 up 5 down? If I did that what could I do about the back brake? Also would shifting like that be a bit odd?
Is there anything else I'm not considering? Let's hear it.

Thanks in advance for the tips

Thanks for the tips

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yeah one other thing. Where can I find manuals for this bike? Workshop manual, spare parts manual and owners manual.

Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By "solder the hole and drill it out" Are you refering to the main jet? That's a different way to jet than I'm used too. On Vespa's and Lammy's I've always got a jet kit. With pretty every main jet idle etc. I could ever need. I think for now I'm going to stick with the stock exhaust maybe pull some of the baffling out. But I think I'm going to use K&N filters. Any idea how many points I'd have to go up on the main? I'm 850ASL. How much would I need to modify a 400F tank to fit? It does look pretty cool.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts