Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's going to do the GIRO?

I want a report on how Mt. Equinox goes.

The 50's are NOT going to make it....well...not in any reasonable amount of time. This is a long steep road.

Should be fun.

JohnnyB

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Registration. Check.

Hotel reservation. Check.

Working like a fiend on the bike. Check.

This past week? Fuck.

It's all gone to hell and I think I'm out. I'm bummed squared. Maybe be able to make it up Sunday.

Mt. Equinox? That'll be something. Now I'm really bummed.

There's always the Spring I guess.

Cheers,
Leo

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Registration. Check.

Hotel reservation. Check.

Working like a fiend on the bike. Check.

This past week? Fuck.

It's all gone to hell and I think I'm out. I'm bummed squared. Maybe be able to make it up Sunday.

Mt. Equinox? That'll be something. Now I'm really bummed.

There's always the Spring I guess.

Cheers,
Leo

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
With the date change this year I just can't make it. It bums me out--I have been in the last 4. Sent in my form, but couldn't reschedule two big sports picture jobs I always do this weekend. I would blow them off, but they bring in enough to get thru the winter.

I'm looking forward to the reports.

Leo, I have a Honda 50 you could borrow! It would take you about a week to make it up the mountain. I was going to ride old faithful CA160 or the Duc.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
With the date change this year I just can't make it. It bums me out--I have been in the last 4. Sent in my form, but couldn't reschedule two big sports picture jobs I always do this weekend. I would blow them off, but they bring in enough to get thru the winter.

I'm looking forward to the reports.

Leo, I have a Honda 50 you could borrow! It would take you about a week to make it up the mountain. I was going to ride old faithful CA160 or the Duc.

·
Registered
569 Posts
-JB..I'm in, team160 (me) up against teamTaco (Champ,Parks,Will,Midge)...oh I think they already won the team award, teamMotobi is pissed..you'll get reports....I just hope a certain Benelli rider is not behind me on the downhill...

dch...

·
Registered
569 Posts
-JB..I'm in, team160 (me) up against teamTaco (Champ,Parks,Will,Midge)...oh I think they already won the team award, teamMotobi is pissed..you'll get reports....I just hope a certain Benelli rider is not behind me on the downhill...

dch...

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Be careful Dale- his win-at-any-cost Honda hatred may make him appear to be 5 feet tall. Don't fall for it

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Be careful Dale- his win-at-any-cost Honda hatred may make him appear to be 5 feet tall. Don't fall for it

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
quote:Originally posted by dch

dch...
Sorry I can't be on Team 160 this time---it would have been OUR turn to take that trohpy!

I wouldn't worry about "the guy" on the Benelli, with crappy italian brakes and all his mass, he will be at the bottom in no time, but just let him go first to be safe.

Wish I could be there, but money talks and need to make hay while the sun shines.

Jack

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
quote:Originally posted by dch

dch...
Sorry I can't be on Team 160 this time---it would have been OUR turn to take that trohpy!

I wouldn't worry about "the guy" on the Benelli, with crappy italian brakes and all his mass, he will be at the bottom in no time, but just let him go first to be safe.

Wish I could be there, but money talks and need to make hay while the sun shines.

Jack

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
me and my bultaco will be there, Kim's ready to do volunteer work, hard to tell who has more fun me or her,after jonny b's warning i went over the brakes a third time and even did a bit of safety wiring to boot, think ill be ok on the mountain the bultaco pulls strong on a steep hill 2nd and 3 rd seem to be made for climbing,and the brakes are good front and rear,and just for fun i added a little something special to the bike cant tell you what [flach may be listening] but you will see soon enough,

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
me and my bultaco will be there, Kim's ready to do volunteer work, hard to tell who has more fun me or her,after jonny b's warning i went over the brakes a third time and even did a bit of safety wiring to boot, think ill be ok on the mountain the bultaco pulls strong on a steep hill 2nd and 3 rd seem to be made for climbing,and the brakes are good front and rear,and just for fun i added a little something special to the bike cant tell you what [flach may be listening] but you will see soon enough,

·
Registered
227 Posts
305 Dream Bagger and CB77 hotrod ready. We will RULE on the hills with all that mega-power. Brakes; well they work. Glad I got rid of those ribbed tires though.
Beth

·
Registered
227 Posts
305 Dream Bagger and CB77 hotrod ready. We will RULE on the hills with all that mega-power. Brakes; well they work. Glad I got rid of those ribbed tires though.
Beth

·
Registered
569 Posts
tacos ..with a little rice wine...yum..

dch.

Shut up John..

1 - 20 of 49 Posts