Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Ya I saw that, people are freaking crazy. Lucky that the rider walked away without serious injury. This just goes to feed my theory that people are assholes, not all people, just most. I notice that people are so wrapped up in their own little world, that they do not pay attention to the world around them. I get so tired of people almost hitting me and then having the nerve to cuss and scream at me like I was the one nose deep in a text message.

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good job you've guns to protect yourself.....
It would be a hassle (possibly) if you pulled a gun and shot the guy, justifiably. I know if a cop were there he would have shot and killed him immediately. Apparently the offender is a habitual traffic offender. This was a completely different scenario than the New York City incident last year.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Problem is that even if it was a justified self defense shooting, the media would find a way to make you seem like the scum of the earth.

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Problem is that even if it was a justified self defense shooting, the media would find a way to make you seem like the scum of the earth.
Let em, F**k the media, they have their own agendas. In this case it may not have been "self" defense, but justifiable anyways.
Did ya'll see where George Zimmerman sold the gun he used to kill Trayvon Martin with for $250K

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Ya, while selling the gun (and making a spectacle of it) might have been slightly tasteless, apparently he is putting the money to good use. I heard he is using it to support the police who are being railroaded by groups like BLM and the media

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya, while selling the gun (and making a spectacle of it) might have been slightly tasteless, apparently he is putting the money to good use. I heard he is using it to support the police who are being railroaded by groups like BLM and the media
I've heard stories of he was donating "all" the money to donating "some" the money. We'll see, maybe, how much actually gets to where he says. I normally don't donate to ant charitable organizations because little if any of the proceeds actually get to the charity and most charities mismanage the money and take most of it in huge salaries.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Railroaded? yeah because police in this country have never ever abused the system in which they operate to the detriment of their citizens and no disparity exists in law enforcement /end sarcasm.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I'm not saying that every cop is innocent of any wrong doing. But for every bad cop there are 10 good ones. Problem is we only ever hear about the bad ones.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I'm not saying that every cop is innocent of any wrong doing. But for every bad cop there are 10 good ones. Problem is we only ever hear about the bad ones.
That still doesn't overlook the institutional discrimination that is inherent in the system of law enforcement, regardless as to how "good" the individual officer is. There is a reason why recently things have been looking more and more like 1967, and it isn't because things have improved. We didn't learn anything from history and we as a society are doomed to repeat it.

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
Meh, some people are just animals and deserve what they get.
This is America, if you don't like your lot in life, freaking change it.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Meh, some people are just animals and deserve what they get.
This is America, if you don't like your lot in life, freaking change it.
agreed, but keep in mind not all opportunities are equally available to all people.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
That still doesn't overlook the institutional discrimination that is inherent in the system of law enforcement, regardless as to how "good" the individual officer is. There is a reason why recently things have been looking more and more like 1967, and it isn't because things have improved. We didn't learn anything from history and we as a society are doomed to repeat it.
I am always saying that the problem with our government is that there are to many politicians and not enough historians. With out a proper understanding of our history, how can we expect to change our future? One can say that the police as whole tend to target one group more than others, but that is something that is not entirely unjustified. Take for instance black males aged 15-35 in inner cities, they are among the most scrutinized by police officers, however they are also more likely to commit crimes than other groups. Now I am not meaning that to sound racist, it is just a simple fact. In order to correct that issue we need to look at WHY they are more likely. I have written a few college papers on this subject, and in my research and findings, the key factor is education, or lack there of. The government has policies set in place to send funding to schools that they feel are achieving the highest grades and test scores. When in reality they should be sending the bulk of funding to schools that are struggling the most (i.e. inner city schools). If you have not watched 'Waiting for Superman" I suggest you do, it is an eye opening film. So we take poor education in inner cities and then throw in some gangs and drugs that promise these kids money and "Ho's" and what choice do they have but to turn to a life of crime?
So taking that into consideration, the police are simply reacting to the side effects of poor government choices, granted they are reacting poorly.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Wow, talk about this thread getting off topic a little lol

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
poor education is one of the many symptoms of poverty, and oddly one of it's biggest contributing factors as well.

Honestly I think the world has just plain forgotten about Pete Seeger....and the penalty is that we are no complacent with what previous generations found offensive.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Agreed. The world is full of shiny objects to get easily distracted by, while the real issues go unchecked. Watch any main stream media outlet and I promise you that for ever real story they run they will run 20 fluff pieces or things that don't really matter. There is a song by a group that I am ashamed to admit I used to listen to, but the song has a strong point. The Song is called "Terrible" By I.C.P (please don't judge I was a teenager lol)

What you consider DRAMA
Aint all that, it's just that your wack
with your intergalactic satellite data compress
But we cant feed the homeless
Then OJ's wack story unfolded
and everybody watched that while Oklahoma exploded
900 good reasons why this world really dont care
thats that it costs for a wheelchair

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Some interesting stats relating to the original topic:

66% of traffic fatalities are caused by aggressive driving.
37% of aggressive driving incidents involve a firearm.
Males under the age of 19 are the most likely to exhibit road rage.
Half of drivers who are on the receiving end of an aggressive behavior, such as horn honking, a rude gesture, or tailgating admit to responding with aggressive behavior themselves.
Over a seven year period, 218 murders and 12,610 injuries were attributed to road rage.

One scary statistic worth noting is:
2% of drivers admit to trying to run an aggressor off the road!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts