Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
That is one sharp looking bike. You're right about leaving it stock, it looks great just how it is. Problem I see that I see though is we're all a little individual

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Those old Guzzis are really nice. The first bike I did 100 on was my uncles Ambassador- it must have been a '70 or so. It was rock steady. He rode that bike all over the country. It now languishes in his garage, unridden in 20 years but he won't part with it.

If someone buys my sportster I would like to get one. The early 80's Lemans are my favorites.

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Someone here put it best - "One of the great lies of our time - 'It ran when I parked it'"...

For $1900 bucks, I would at least expect a running bike, cool or not...

·
Registered
453 Posts
i'm driving up tomorrow to look at it, only about a 3 hour drive for me. i'll bring 1200 in 100's and see if he'll take it.

some people are like slinkies, basically useless but they still make me smile when i push them down the stairs

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
quote:
i'm driving up tomorrow to look at it, only about a 3 hour drive for me. i'll bring 1200 in 100's and see if he'll take it.

some people are like slinkies, basically useless but they still make me smile when i push them down the stairs
Good luck, let us know if you get it

22/m
1980 Honda CB750
1972 Oldsmobile 442

·
Registered
453 Posts
no sale. he wont budge from the 1900. it isnt worth 1000 probably, though i offered it, this bike is ROUGH. ah well nice drive and i had a killer meal while up there.

Edited by - fuzzybutt on May 31 2007 12:04:21 PM

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
wait a week and offer him the $1200 again over the phone. It is hard to imagine a guzzi that isn't worth at least $1500 in parts alone, but bikes are always worth more in parts than whole.

I wonder why he wanted to rebuild the motor and tranny? did you see any issues?

·
Registered
453 Posts
i detected some serious play in the crank. compression was too low too. highest was 110 pounds dry, went way up in a wet test.

Edited by - fuzzybutt on May 31 2007 12:13:33 PM

1 - 10 of 10 Posts