Cafe Racer Forum banner
181 - 200 of 4,334 Posts
jag, i know where one of those little benelli's is, bit its missing the motor. has carb, coil, tank, and seat, but no motor. idea of the value or whereabouts i could source a motor? slap a lifan on it?

Greg Im not really sure if the lifan motors will fit.

Jim i forgot about the tex travel van of fun
Are we bringing a truck?

quote:Originally posted by jaguar

Greg Im not really sure if the lifan motors will fit.

Jim i forgot about the tex travel van of fun
Are we bringing a truck?
Those would fit in the back of the Pilot. Or I can bring the hitch tray and they could both hitch a ride on the back.

Jim

quote:Originally posted by Geeto67

how are you two not bringing a trailer to mid ohio? will the pilot not pull the Diamond Jim flatbed o' fun?
It will pull it but I don't need to go out there with a trailer... unless I can find the time to load it up with stuff first to sell there. I sure don't need to bring anything back. I don't have space for any more projects! Plus the way the weather has been this year, I am expecting a lot of rain and it would suck to have a booth or a trailer full of rust prone projects and parts...

Jim

Jim,

As someone whose own collection makes my motorcycle addiction look less like outright heroin addiction and more like a slight craving for something salty I am sure you can find stuff you want less than other stuff. If anything just bring the boxes and boxes of unopened toys (ESP the hot wheels). You could easily put a fastback mustang or another 5 bikes in the space that that takes up. Surely your kid is not going to play with 2400 hot wheels chase cars.

This is like the pot and kettle talking!

Have you met Jim's boy? He will play with 2400 hot wheels! Hell I was there for an hour and he showed me 3/4 of them.
Jim I do have one of those moto caddy things that carries one bike on the hitch if that helps anything

I think by the time he opened all the toy boxes he will be 30.

It isn't the pot and kettle, this is more like joe Walsh telling Keith Richards he has a "problem". I like that, let go with that. Jag will have no idea who either of these people are.

Jim,

As someone whose own collection makes my motorcycle addiction look less like outright heroin addiction and more like a slight craving for something salty I am sure you can find stuff you want less than other stuff. If anything just bring the boxes and boxes of unopened toys (ESP the hot wheels). You could easily put a fastback mustang or another 5 bikes in the space that that takes up. Surely your kid is not going to play with 2400 hot wheels chase cars.
There are easier outlets for the toys than schlepping them to Ohio to be "that guy" that brings diecast to a motorcycle show. Taking a load of spare parts makes some sense though. I think I have enough cafe seats, spare tanks, and flanged rims to pay for the trip. Plus I could sell the CB500T as well. I could bring the stuff you were interested in and you could get it there except you're not going this year...

Jim

quote:Originally posted by Diamondj

Jim,

There are easier outlets for the toys than schlepping them to Ohio to be "that guy" that brings diecast to a motorcycle show. Taking a load of spare parts makes some sense though. I think I have enough cafe seats, spare tanks, and flanged rims to pay for the trip. Plus I could sell the CB500T as well. I could bring the stuff you were interested in and you could get it there except you're not going this year...

Jim
Somehow I know you would sell the stuff I wanted the most. Personally I think you need to pay jag to come out and evict the electrical gremlin in your cb500T so you can then have him schlep it back to NYC and sell it to some hipster for buckets of cash.

Or you can sell it to me as is for cheap and I can fix it and sell it to some hipster for buckets of.....something....

That bike is super clean.
How fucked up could the electrical be?
some hipster would want that

Right in my book. Take off everything that doesn't make it go, stop, turn, or sound good. Then design to expose the minimalism and keep the ergos in check. And I'm a whore for most anything Suzuki.

Keep the ergonomics in check? Stock pegs and clipons and no seat pad so fail.

The suspension is pushed down so far in front it has an inch of travel and the rear is dropped about an inch as well. Performance DOWNGRADE so fail again.

Knee dent that goes all the way to the front of the tank? Loss of about a gallon of capacity so fail whale ahoy!

Front fender held in by one bolt? Are you fucking kidding me? Fail on the bike's part for not killing this jaghole before he sells this turd to someone else.

Just buckets of fail all around.

Re the CX500 pic - anybody who mounts those firestones on their bike is fucking clown shoes.

181 - 200 of 4,334 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.