1981 - 2000 of 4243 Posts

·
Registered
10,492 Posts
How are the GPZ? Is the FI any good?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Back in their day, they worked pretty well. The pre-1981 models fuel injection used an airflow sensor to determine the amount of fuel needed. A couple guys I knew added hotter cams and headers and was automatically compensated for. Those 2 bikes were insane to drive in a reckless manner. In 1982, the injection system was changed to "digital fuel injection"(DFI) and used a microprocessor and throttle position sensor instead of the mass airflow sensor(MAF) to control fuel delivery. Both were good systems , but the 1982 and after seemed to be preferred, but I don't know the exact reason(s) why.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Price is insane, even if it is rare.

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo

[there are no photos in the ad]
----------

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo - $23900 (Kansas City, KS)

fuel: gas transmission: manual title status: clean condition: new

This is a 1982 Honda CX500 Turbo straight off the showroom floor, it is immaculate. It has been in storage for the last 30 years and still has original paint, dealer tag on the key chain, and even comes with original tires. There is 18 original miles. Only 2500 of these bikes were even brought into the United States. I can guarantee this is one of only a handful left in this condition. Runs, Looks, and Sounds like the day it came off the line. Call if you would like me to send pictures. If interested please call XXX-XXX-XXX. thanks for looking :)

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Price is insane, even if it is rare.

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo

[there are no photos in the ad]
----------

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo - $23900 (Kansas City, KS)

fuel: gas transmission: manual title status: clean condition: new

This is a 1982 Honda CX500 Turbo straight off the showroom floor, it is immaculate. It has been in storage for the last 30 years and still has original paint, dealer tag on the key chain, and even comes with original tires. There is 18 original miles. Only 2500 of these bikes were even brought into the United States. I can guarantee this is one of only a handful left in this condition. Runs, Looks, and Sounds like the day it came off the line. Call if you would like me to send pictures. If interested please call XXX-XXX-XXX. thanks for looking :)
shouldn't he mean CX650 Turbo? I've never heard of a CX500 version

·
Registered
10,492 Posts
650 is on the rare side too.
Has a better look, and prices are on the rise

·
Registered
10,492 Posts
1981 - 2000 of 4243 Posts