Cafe Racer Forum banner

2021 - 2040 of 4243 Posts

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
That is a bargain and it's already got the Cooley replica look going on. If the street electrics are all still there and working it's bargain.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
That is a bargain and it's already got the Cooley replica look going on. If the street electrics are all still there and working it's bargain.
the guy told me its all stock except for the MAC exhaust, it has a title... and that his camera is broken so he can't take any more pictures of it for me lol.

·
Registered
893 Posts
i just saw this posted somewhere else. pretty awesome.

·
Registered
10,492 Posts

·
Registered
10,492 Posts
Bet he would take $3500...

·
Registered
865 Posts
Old man has been harassing me to find a fresh project to play with. Won't be doing the silly things i did to the 175. Keep it stock, just replace/freshen/upgrade basic things. Stumbled upon this...
1972 Honda CB 450 CB450, Perfect for Cafe Racer!

I've never played with a 450, but it looks pretty solid. Anyone have any info on that "common" 2nd gear issue? We might go check it out this weekend. If it looks solid enough, I was thinking of lowballing them... What say ye, forum lurkers?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Anyone want a nice cb400f and race stuff? And then want to sell me that Kaz pipe?
1975 CB400/4 And More

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
A VW Van may be more practical though... just have to come up with some loading system to easily move the bike in through the side door.

Although my ideal bike transporter is a rusty El Camino on air bags with a wheel chok bolted to the bed. when you want to load the bike, just drop the rear to the ground and roll the bike right up.

·
Registered
893 Posts
A VW Van may be more practical though... just have to come up with some loading system to easily move the bike in through the side door.

Although my ideal bike transporter is a rusty El Camino on air bags with a wheel chok bolted to the bed. when you want to load the bike, just drop the rear to the ground and roll the bike right up.
I can get a cb350 in my bus without too much fuss. anything bigger wont make it in a Westy. Transporter maybe different story.

WP_20131019_003.jpg

KayaVWsmall.jpg

Reactions: busapilot

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Lay awake last night pondering this one and waffling back and forth. Ad is down, so it's a photo of a paper copy taken with the trusty potato. Listed as a 72 Bonneville, but its single carb. Also listed electric start kit which turned out to be a Pazon ignition kit still in the box. Asking 1500 and acquired it for 1400 and added it to the pile.

72 Triumph.jpg

2021 - 2040 of 4243 Posts