1982 Honda 900F

Wes Cooley Special (2)

1971 Honda CB750 K1

All titled.

Asking $4000 each

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
$4K is a little stiff for the cb900F and the GS1000E, but the KZs and Wes Cooley in that shape are clearly worth it. I absolutely love that KZ1000 in green.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
$4K is a little stiff for the cb900F and the GS1000E, but the KZs and Wes Cooley in that shape are clearly worth it. I absolutely love that KZ1000 in green.
But, that 4k is likely negotiable to an extent... and judging by the guy's collection and the general condition of all of them, It's likely that they've all been very well maintained and moderately improved. Worth a mild premium in my book.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
But, that 4k is likely negotiable to an extent... and judging by the guy's collection and the general condition of all of them, It's likely that they've all been very well maintained and moderately improved. Worth a mild premium in my book.
Agree with all points except that the premium for the 900F and GS1000 would be a 100% premium. Still, that stuff is all really really nice.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Agree with all points except that the premium for the 900F and GS1000 would be a 100% premium. Still, that stuff is all really really nice.
The early GS1000 prices have been going up as nice examples dry up. That one is either wearing later sheet metal or is an early registered 79.

Also curious about the Cooley rep having wire wheels? Didn't think they made em that way.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
The early GS1000 prices have been going up as nice examples dry up. That one is either wearing later sheet metal or is an early registered 79.

Also curious about the Cooley rep having wire wheels? Didn't think they made em that way.
What's a reasonable price for a 900f? Given their racing history and the future market for 80s superbikes, I'm possibly interested in owning one.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
What's a reasonable price for a 900f? Given their racing history and the future market for 80s superbikes, I'm possibly interested in owning one.
$1500-$2800 depending on how clean it is, what honda factory accessories it has, and what mods are done. The one in the post would probably be about a $2500-$2800 bike but I imagine if it was totally stock and documented or had CBR wheels and upgraded brakes it might command slightly more. You have to put the 900F in perspective - you can get the one year only cb1100F for between $2800 and $5000 and that is a way more collectible and desirable bike and you can still find cb705Fs for $1000-$2000. It sucks that the 900F is tethered to the cb750F in value because despite looking almost identical the 900F is better.

FWIW, NADA has the most pristine example pricing out at $2515, but that's based on last years sales.

If you really want one here are the non showroom stock things that usually bring a premium on a 900F:

Factory stuff:
- Honda factory sport kit (over the counter and foreign fitment, none of the US bikes came with them but plenty have them retrofitted now)
- Hondaline Fairing (really makes the bike the sport tourer it is, based off the endurance racing design)
- Non US Paint schemes (you could order painted parts through any honda dealer, plus all the striping kits are available for some of the prettier non US schemes).
- Boomerang Comstars. Available in all markets except US and in 18"/18" Front/Rear size. Plenty imported now including from mexico/canada
- RSC dry clutch kit (or any RSC parts for that matter).

Modified stuff:
- CBR wheel swap (it's not a difficult swap but people do prefer to buy them already done)
- CB1100F swingarm swaps (not a factory thing but it is a honda part and people do swap them in as a direct swap)
- Ohlins shocks
- Bassani Pipes
- Kehin CR carbs
- Black Chrome factory cb1100F exhaust (because black chome)
- Interceptor wheels/brakes (the Dymag looking ones)
- Dymag wheels
- Tracy Eliminator bodies (for the DOHC cbF bikes these are really rare).

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
They'll be something to take with you to provide some entertainment and fond memories when the knackers finally come and haul you away and plunk you in the waiting room at the glue factory.
No idea what made me write that...........

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
They'll be something to take with you to provide some entertainment and fond memories when the knackers finally come and haul you away and plunk you in the waiting room at the glue factory.
No idea what made me write that...........
I think that'll be sooner rather than later:(

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
good or bad ? anybody ever had one?
Most of the thing is Ducati Pantah. Cagiva is just a different name, the motor and the frame were made in the same factories. I think the cams were milder and the motor put out slightly less power. Good bones for a build. You could even put Ducati stickers on it and only be lying about 20%, which is tolerable in the world nowadays, and it would pass without comment.

Danger, is
my business."

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
good or bad ? anybody ever had one? 1985 Cagiva Alazzurra 650 (Ducati) .
Used to be the cheap way to get a ducati pantah. $2250 is a good price at low retail, these bikes were $1500 10 years ago. They are good components - rubber band duc engine, brembo F08 calipers, marzocchi forks in 35mm. They are just ugly and that keeps them cheap. It used to be real popular to paint them red or tri-colore and slap ducati decals on them. I think the frames are slightly different but not where it is important.

FWIW, I have heard several brooklynites nickname them the Vagina Alazzura

2181 - 2200 of 4246 Posts