Cafe Racer Forum banner

2201 - 2220 of 4227 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Okay you got me....wrong thread.....but think about it.

yes, it's slow as molasses, maybe not the stopping power of an R1, not a cafe racer we think of, handling would not be good but look at the design and what I feel is some attention to details. The side car looks like a WWII bomber fuel tank, even it's wheel is Honda, headlight, etc. I mean if its all about playing dress up then this is dressed up. Taking your significant other to "the spot" in this would be an entirely different experience than with the Wing. Maybe she could ride while I sit in the side (probably won't fit).

Don't forget the carbs. O.K.........you all could pick on me now.....I'm tuff.

·
Registered
23,286 Posts
bid, bid , bid. besides air filters see any thing else it need?, beside getting it to run and a title . ( do i have 4k you ask, yes)
I think it has Wirges pipes so they would need a clean - the front cone has a baffle that loads up with oil and chokes it down.

It's been crashed and repaired on the right side. right side pipe has a decent dent. Looks more like a tip over than a laydown though.

I can't tell if the rear brake hub has been swaped out for an S2 unit or not, looks a little small for an h2. If it has that's a good thing.

front brakes look like conversion and not a factory over the counter dual disk kit. not a big deal just makes the line routing a little wonky.

Rear wheel looks like it has a slight bend in it on the right side at the 11 o clock position, but it could also be the camera.

Can't tell if the rear shocks are early koni or girling

Tomaselli natural gum grips are toast. They repop those so you can get them. based on their condition though I would say everything rubber from crank seals to tires needs attention.

Circycle v-stacks are period awesome but if they are anything like mine the foam is dried out and the screen doesn't. Still, better than metal top pods.

John Tickle Rearsets are probably in need of lube at all joints.

Frame has been cut in a few places but oddly no denco frame braces.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Was it the Wirges or Dencos that perform worse than the stock pipe? The tank seems to be at an odd angle to the frame at the back.

·
Registered
23,286 Posts
Was it the Wirges or Dencos that perform worse than the stock pipe? The tank seems to be at an odd angle to the frame at the back.
The tank was probably designed for a Brit bike or some other single tube backbone bike, it sticks up in the rear because where it transitions for knee dents it sits on top of the frame. Looks like an old Gus Kuhn shape but I didn't think he made alloy. I'm guessing you lose about a gallon of capacity with it mounted that way.

·
Registered
23,286 Posts
I was searching for some other bike on the The Barry Sheene Festival of Speed site and the Warren Willing Australian model H turned up. I thought it too good not to share.

Danger, is my business."
I forgot about Aus. The big fuckoff rear stainless fender is the giveaway, American bikes did not have them.

·
Registered
23,286 Posts
a guy I used to know had an 836 hondamatic street/strip bike. It was pretty worked and it used to "chirp" second on the street when it shifted.

Fro $500 how could you go wrong? Take all the crap off it, take it to the drag strip and have some fun. Looks like it has 1977-78 carbs on it with the accel pump so no bog when it shifts.

·
Registered
965 Posts
1976 (P) Suzuki GT750 DUNSTALL KETTLE
1976 (P) Suzuki GT750 DUNSTALL KETTLE | eBay

Barry Sheene RGV 250 Suzuki Road Legal
Barry Sheene RGV 250 Suzuki Road Legal | eBay

Team Glam Racing Classic F1 Endurance Race P+M Kawasaki
Team Glam Racing Classic F1 Endurance Race P+M Kawasaki | eBay

BMW S1000RR HP4 MACAU RACE BIKE
BMW S1000RR HP4 MACAU RACE BIKE | eBay

HARRIS SUZUKI GS 1000 CLASSIC RACER,TRACK BIKE,PARADE BIKE.SPONDON
HARRIS SUZUKI GS 1000 CLASSIC RACER,TRACK BIKE,PARADE BIKE.SPONDON | eBay

Honda RS 125 NX4 2004 JHA RS125GP GP
Honda RS 125 NX4 2004 JHA RS125GP GP | eBay

Stunning, rare 2006 Yamaha TZ250 5KE 250GP race bike
Stunning, rare 2006 Yamaha TZ250 5KE 250GP race bike | eBay

Aprilia RS 250 MAX BIAGGI REPLICA
Aprilia RS 250 MAX BIAGGI REPLICA | eBay

^^^ to park next to the real deal
FACTORY APRILIA RSV250 GRAND PRIX RACE BIKE, NOT TZ250, RS250, MAX BIAGGI
FACTORY APRILIA RSV250 GRAND PRIX RACE BIKE, NOT TZ250, RS250, MAX BIAGGI | eBay

Gilera Saturno PIUMA CORSA BRAND NEW 0 MILES NO 32 ex-John Surtees
Gilera Saturno PIUMA CORSA BRAND NEW 0 MILES NO 32 | eBay

2201 - 2220 of 4227 Posts