Cafe Racer Forum banner

2361 - 2380 of 4243 Posts

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
My older brother still has his 85 Z1300. Bought it new. He loves it. It's smooth as butter. He bought it in Wodonga and then moved to Adelaide. He would often ride back to Brisbane to visit the rest of the family. He'd ride straight through. Mile muncher supreme.

Almost forgot to post an ad....

2007 Husqvarna TE610 Adventure Style Bike in Emerald, QLD | eBay

Buddy of mine is selling that. I'm tempted to buy it but I'd never get it past the wife right now....:(

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I dunno maybe i need to go ride a z1300 again. It may appeal more now that i am older.

I want this:
1974 Yamaha Rd350

I would put stock/normal bars, good shocks and the stock seat back on.

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Most of me agrees.
a friend has a normal 1050 and it fit me well. Never rode a 675 Daytona, but have a street triple.....thought it was to small.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
If I had a spare £6000, how would I choose between these two.
That reminds me of the ghetto kid trying to weigh out job opportunities. I could work at McDonalds for $7.50 an hour or stand on this street corner and sell drugs and drive a BMW and wear 8lbs of gold around my neck and be the envy of all in my neighborhood. What should I do?:cool:

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
That reminds me of the ghetto kid trying to weigh out job opportunities. I could work at McDonalds for $7.50 an hour or stand on this street corner and sell drugs and drive a BMW and wear 8lbs of gold around my neck and be the envy of all in my neighborhood. What should I do?:cool:
You should really read the book "Freakonomics" where they "sort of" debunk that myth. I say sorta because it turns out that street level dealers work harder and earn less than their counterpart McDonald's worker but their opportunity for advancement and earning potential is greater without the requirement of a degree or further education. And they don't have to wear a uniform.

Steven*Levitt ? The freakonomics of McDonald's vs. drugs | Genius

Freakonomics » Chapter 3

2361 - 2380 of 4243 Posts