268 Posts

·
Registered
10,503 Posts
Call the guy and find out!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Haha i don't want a CBX Jag, that e21 I sent you though...

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Is that a decrepit CBX?
1973 BMW 2002
yes and it is a 1980 non-prolink naked model.

I think that 2002 is a color called Turkis metallic and isn't exactly common. It also doesn't photograph well. It might be agave in which case the car was repainted because agave was a 1971 roundie color where as turkis was a 1973 color. Either way green 2002s aren't growing on trees.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but could you clear up for me what a prolink is?
Also, that 2002 isn't really tickling my fancy. Needs paint either way, saying paint is original in that shape is like saying tires are original from 1973 too. Who cares, needs more money.
Plus e30 bottlecaps? Ewwwwwwwww Everything original my butt.

·
Registered
10,503 Posts
Haha i don't want a CBX Jag, that e21 I sent you though...
SO what YOU don't want it.....someone might.

Also got nothing E21 from you.
That's okay though. I still roll my eyes and go "meh" at all things BMW

·
Registered
10,503 Posts
Also, that 2002 isn't really tickling my fancy. Needs paint either way, saying paint is original in that shape is like saying tires are original from 1973 too. Who cares, needs more money.
Plus e30 bottlecaps? Ewwwwwwwww

Pro link is the touring mono shock bikes 82-82
others are standard twin shocks 78-80

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
1979 CBX:
1979_honda_cbx.jpg
Note the twin shocks and standard comstars.

1980 CBX:
6956490263_6a4eb5b8bf.jpg
Notice the twin shocks and reverse comstar wheels.

1981 CBX:
81cbx.jpg
notice the different...uh...everything, but most notably the single monoshock called a "pro-link" and the different bodywork.

In the world of 2002s, original paint color, even if the car itself needs a repaint, has value. There are some colors that are so rare here in the US that there are less than 100 made and those cars usually command a premium. As the 2002s are Monocoque (the front inner sheet metal is part of the unibody structure) to change color on one means that the engine bay will forever be a dead give away unless you strip the car down to literally nothing to repaint it. So conceivably if this were an original paint car, and it were a rare color (which it is moderately rare) you could get away with just an exterior cheap and cheerful respray and have a really nice car. If the color was changed at one point then the whole thing just gets harder.

Plus e30 bottlecaps? Ewwwwwwwww Everything original my butt.
Shut your whore mouth.

Actually, as much as you hate e30 bottlecaps, they are a common cheap upgrade to the 2002. Remember stock these cars come with 13" by 5" steel wheels and hubcaps and are very limited in tire selection (I don't think there are even radials for these cars). To quote the 2002 wheel fitment chart:
14x6 et35 3-series '84-'91 "bottlecap" alloy. Widely avalible used, try craigslist.org, or a local wrecking yard. These fit very well and are considered to be a good cheap way to get "modern" rubber on a 2002. There are many brands of tires available in this size, in MANY different compounds from El-cheapo to gummy race rubber.
Tires: 185/65-14, or 195/60-14.
The back spacing and wheel well is kind of a tough thing to fit wheels into unless you are willing to spend for aftermarket wheels and then you are looking at limited selection of 4x100 wheels with a Center Bore/Hub Diameter of 57.1mm....so minilites, some rotoforms, and that's pretty much it. I think the largest tire you can get into a 2002 is 195/55-15 without lip rolling or body mods.

If you like 1970's sporting cars, then it should be on your bucket list to own both a bmw 2002 and an Alfa Romeo GTV. At least the BMWs are cheap. I hate to say it but a $4K ask and a $3500 actual bought price isn't the worst price for that car.
Tires And Wheel/rims Fitment Guide - '02 General Discussion - BMW 2002 FAQ

·
Registered
268 Posts
You are preaching to the choir about getting a 2002, note how I have been looking...
Buying wheels isn't scary in 2015. Its small and 4x100. Enkei 92s or some BBS rs are common enough and will fit. Fender roller is in stock and hubcentric rings are $4.
Also, I see what you are saying about the paint. And that green is sweet.

As for the CBX, I get it now. Thank you kindly.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Buying wheels isn't scary in 2015. Its small and 4x100. Enkei 92s or some BBS rs are common enough and will fit. Fender roller is in stock and hubcentric rings are $4.
I suppose not but there is as much bad info out there as there is good info. You can't just grab any old honda civic wheel and throw it on. BBS and 92s and minilites are ok I guess in the same way belly buttons are ok. Revolution 4 spokes, Alpina e30 wheels, and you won't see yourself coming or going. Also, ever notice how most of the 2002s that run bbs wheels have fender flares? hmmm

Also, I see what you are saying about the paint. And that green is sweet.
You have to really spend time with these cars to truely appreciate what an absolute pain in the ass they are.

bay.jpg

Seriously, look at all the hard to reach places body color gets into. And if you get rust in there forget it, might as well fog the whole engine bay black and burn $500 to $1000 in your driveway in depreciation. When it comes to a 2002 - you buy the most rust free body you can - even if you have to go to new mexico to get it. Everything else is stupid and cheap and easy to get but not clean sheetmetal.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Jag or someone in Bob Dog's clan should jump on this:

1988 Suzuki GSXR 1100

00c0c_k2zpgrk4Ied_600x450.jpg

1988 Suzuki GSXR 1100 odometer: 27000 fuel : gas transmission : manual title status : clean

For sale 1988 Suzuki GSXR 1100. Runs and rideable but could use some work. Inspection is good until November. Selling because I'm moving out of state. 1500 or BO

·
Registered
10,503 Posts
Wow, that is a deal.
I dont have a truck or time to grab it though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Jag or someone in Bob Dog's clan should jump on this:

1988 Suzuki GSXR 1100

View attachment 13977

1988 Suzuki GSXR 1100 odometer: 27000 fuel : gas transmission : manual title status : clean

For sale 1988 Suzuki GSXR 1100. Runs and rideable but could use some work. Inspection is good until November. Selling because I'm moving out of state. 1500 or BO
That would go nicely with my '88 FZR1000... I'm not driving to Buffalo though. Rumor has it there's still snow on the ground there

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
2381 - 2400 of 4246 Posts