Cafe Racer Forum banner

2441 - 2460 of 4246 Posts

·
Registered
10,503 Posts
I would assume no, and that the seller didn't plum it to know.

are they really thst expensive?
honestly don't know much about featherbed frames.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
That is a deal. When I have room...I have no money. When I have money I have no room. I currently have neither.
by that logic if you sell something you'll have both.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I would assume no, and that the seller didn't plum it to know.

are they really thst expensive?
honestly don't know much about featherbed frames.
That's standard price, actually kind of on the cheap side for one of those, presumably because it is a slimline and bone stock without all the racing bracing.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Not saying this is a good deal, but never seen one before......CHANG JIANG CJ 750J 2000 VERY LOW MILEAGE COPY OF BMW R75 | eBay
Really? we have had them since the 1960's when they first started making them. They are kind of interesting - CJ750s are based on the IMZ M72 which was itself built from the original BMW r71 tooling that the soviet's received as war reparations post WWII. This one looks like a later model with M1S OHV and a frame similar to a /5 and up than the original /2 style plunger frames the original CJ750 M series bikes have. Also notice the honda comstar copy wheels.

They aren't bad, some of the mechanicals can be serviced with BMW parts if needed. but not the bodywork or electrical. the OHV ones are the rarest of the CJ models. Most OHV 750s make between 20 and 32 hp.

it's kinda neat.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Really? we have had them since the 1960's when they first started making them. They are kind of interesting - CJ750s are based on the IMZ M72 which was itself built from the original BMW r71 tooling that the soviet's received as war reparations post WWII. This one looks like a later model with M1S OHV and a frame similar to a /5 and up than the original /2 style plunger frames the original CJ750 M series bikes have. Also notice the honda comstar copy wheels.

They aren't bad, some of the mechanicals can be serviced with BMW parts if needed. but not the bodywork or electrical. the OHV ones are the rarest of the CJ models. Most OHV 750s make between 20 and 32 hp.

it's kinda neat.
Just as a matter of interest, did Neval's make it to the US. Always found the reverse gear, and driven sidecar wheel interesting.......Ural Neval Dnepr Cossack soviet/russian motorcycle K-650 | eBay

·
Banned
4,894 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I'm not saying I don't like it, but they were pretty damn strange in the handling department: long wheelbase and flexy at each end.
Wouldn't really know. My only ride on one back in the day was up the street 10 blocks to White Castle and back on my lunch break, but it was interesting.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Mmmm. White Castle. Had some last week in Kentucky I think. Delicious! Our Drummer (who keeps Kosher) tried the vegetarian sliders and said they were good too. I didn't try one.

2441 - 2460 of 4246 Posts