Cafe Racer Forum banner

2461 - 2480 of 4246 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
So with Seeley's, how much variation was there with frames and bodywork? Jag's tank and seat look significantly different than the one on this 750, and in pictures I've seen online they all have fairly significant differences overall (compared to say Rickmans)

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
So with Seeley's, how much variation was there with frames and bodywork? Jag's tank and seat look significantly different than the one on this 750, and in pictures I've seen online they all have fairly significant differences overall (compared to say Rickmans)
I'm fairly sure the Seeley CB750 road frames were all pretty much alike. He did single seats and a dual seat ( I've got a dim memory somewhere of seeing one ), bikini and full fairings. I think they did a big ally tank and a slightly smaller ally tank, but they looked pretty much the same at a casual glance. Most of the Seeley CB750's had the same flat/clubman handlebars and his own 4 into 2 exhaust system.

Danger, is my business."

·
Registered
2,348 Posts

·
Registered
10,503 Posts
Seat yes, but that tank is very close to mine.
i know there is a large and small tank.
seats are all kinda different.
Colin did K and F based frames so those are slightly different.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
A CB500, 13K Lsd+, with a stock frame? A CB350 twin K4 race bike would be faster around the TT.

Good to fire up and terrorise the neighbours, with it's open megaphones. That's a very good thing IMHO.

I think the ranks of guys wanting to "Play Hailwood" must be running out, right about by now. They must all be cracking sixty by now.

At least the prices paid for tat and porridge, only bolsters the real value of genuine race bikes.

Danger, is my business."

2461 - 2480 of 4246 Posts