Cafe Racer Forum banner

2581 - 2600 of 4243 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
What's it worth to you? £sd.

Danger, is my business."
It's got to be way out of my league. Must be worth well over 5 grand, but I'm only guessing.
Realistically I'm looking to spend no more than £2000 on a Morini to restore.

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
It's got to be way out of my league. Must be worth well over 5 grand, but I'm only guessing.
Realistically I'm looking to spend no more than £2000 on a Morini to restore.
Can't say I'd want it. 5K: no way.

I like the 180○ Jota's, and have ridden an orange one a few times. They are smooth things.

Danger, is my business."

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Can't say I'd want it. 5K: no way.

I like the 180○ Jota's, and have ridden an orange one a few times. They are smooth things.

Danger, is my business."
A Jota can go for 10 grand plus over here. I've seen Alpino's advertised at £4500.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
slight hijack but i owned two of those Lous Cortina in the background of the picture.
ed
The wife's first car was a 1600E mk2 Cortina.

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
That XV/Katana would always be race only. Pity, as it's got no starter motor. No room for one, the motor is a very tight fit. It would make an interesting road bike.

Who on Earth would own a bike to use on the road, that needs rollers to start it? A point to ponder.

Danger, is my business."

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Who said anything about it being a road bike? The racing plate and no lights is a bit of a giveaway I thought.

As an aside I had a friend who had a T500 with no kick start or side stand. It was push start only and he used to lean it against the side of the house when he came over. It was fun to ride and the fact that you had to think about where to park it and start it made it somehow even more interesting.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
32 years ago, I had an FS1E with the pedals removed and rear sets which meant it couldn't be kick started. Also removed the centre stand back then as it could be leant against a wall. It was my daily ride to college for a year and even snow on the road wasn't too much of an issue for a bump start. You just turn the tick over up to help stop stalling.

It was a 55 mph fizz, which eat posh kids mopeds for breakfast

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Who said anything about it being a road bike? The racing plate and no lights is a bit of a giveaway I thought.

As an aside I had a friend who had a T500 with no kick start or side stand. It was push start only and he used to lean it against the side of the house when he came over. It was fun to ride and the fact that you had to think about where to park it and start it made it somehow even more interesting.
Haven't you figured out by now that Wit just looks at the pics and then makes up his own stories to go with it.

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Its like the Golden Girls in here sometimes.....only slightly different

2581 - 2600 of 4243 Posts