Cafe Racer Forum banner

2621 - 2640 of 4243 Posts

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
That Benelli is reasonable value. You could build a pretty good Grand Prix racer rep for the road, and probably make a fair profit. In an act of pure rascallity, I'd fit a CB550Four motor, and see if the boob would even notice: I doubt it. :)

Danger, is my business."

·
Registered
10,492 Posts
$20K is a lot of money. But when you think about what it actually is, some how it seems worth it.

·
Registered
10,492 Posts
Jim,

Remember when we were talking in the car about convincing steveo to put a bunch of bikes we bought into a container for us?

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
$20K is a lot of money. But when you think about what it actually is, some how it seems worth it.
Worth 20K every day of the week. The only thing I'd like to know is has it got some horrible Italian magnesium wheels ready to fly apart and kill some dude. Even with a few scapes here and there, its a very desirable survivor. A good bike to leave in the condition it's in, not polish a turd to death like Brit freaks do. History does not spring forth from chrome polish and a shop rag. I can't see Bimota's ever going down in value much, even some of the shittier and cheaply finished ones.

There is always some weird story that goes with with bikes that have sat for years in showrooms or pool rooms.

Danger, is my business."

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Nice enough Bimota, but IMHO, not worth that much yet, even in darkest, dampest Fken UKetucky.

Danger, is my business."
You say this about #79 not being worth $25K and never will be, but #187 is worth every penny of $21K every day of the week. They are virtually that same bike, Is $4k that much of a spread to call one what you said above?:rolleyes:

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
You say this about #79 not being worth $25K and never will be, but #187 is worth every penny of $21K every day of the week. They are virtually that same bike, Is $4k that much of a spread to call one what you said above?:rolleyes:
The first SB3 I mentioned is slightly over my valuation, but only about USD2K. I said worth 20K, not 21K, BTW. So therefore the second one is around USD6K over my real world estimate. Personally I'd take a slightly scuffed daily rider over a polished low miles Brit turd any day. The Brits are the most eager "bodgers"and turd polishers on the planet: and that's not alway a good thing.

Danger, is my business."

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
Surely you are not referencing the Marchesini wheels owned by Brembo?
I'm not down old the Marchesini brand. But if they are pure magnesium, I'd ditch them. I wouldn't trust my life on crusty old magnesium wheels, or sell them to anyone. I'd probably burn them at a party.

Danger, is my business."

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
The first SB3 I mentioned is slightly over my valuation, but only about USD2K. I said worth 20K, not 21K, BTW. So therefore the second one is around USD6K over my real world estimate. Personally I'd take a slightly scuffed daily rider over a polished low miles Brit turd any day. The Brits are the most eager "bodgers"and turd polishers on the planet: and that's not alway a good thing.

Danger, is my business."
So let me get this clear, the difference between the $21K stated value and your valuation of $20K is about $2K? So if it was worth $20K every day of the week couldn't a couple of days of that week someone might think it's actually worth $21K? But the one that is nicer and restored will never ever be worth $25K? Maybe to you. I bet they are happy your not pricing anything or everyone would be selling everything for no profit.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
I'm not down old the Marchesini brand. But if they are pure magnesium, I'd ditch them. I wouldn't trust my life on crusty old magnesium wheels, or sell them to anyone. I'd probably burn them at a party.

Danger, is my business."
You're not down on the Marcesini brand. I must have misunderstood this then: "horrible Italian magnesium wheels ready to fly apart and kill some dude."
As I recall many of the top racers in the last decade have raced on Marchesini all magnesium wheels, can you name one of those riders that was killed due to wheel failure? When was the last time you saw a documented case of a Kimtab flying apart and killing someone. Those wheels are still on the road today and they are more than 39 years old. Occasionally you
are not full of shit, today ain't one of those days.

2621 - 2640 of 4243 Posts