Cafe Racer Forum banner

3201 - 3220 of 4243 Posts

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Why is that strange? Built in 1959 and registered as such. ....
Well other than the fact it has disc brakes front and rear :/ says Triumph on the motor and displaces 750cc. It's kinda like buying a 1959 Francis Barnett frame, cutting the VIN off the frame and welding that onto a mid 70's Honda and registering it as a Fanny B. The only way your insurance company would comply with that is if you failed to inform them of all the facts and never placed a claim.

photo will probably disappear soon, but lets take another look at this nice 1959 BSA: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,576 Posts

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

1964 Allstate
fuel: gas
transmission: other

Could be stripped for orginal parts many of the parts could be used. Or a fun redo project. 100 or best offer. Pick up only.
- - - Updated - - -

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

1964 Allstate
fuel: gas
transmission: other

Could be stripped for orginal parts many of the parts could be used. Or a fun redo project. 100 or best offer. Pick up only.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
The seller has around 8 of these on Ebay right now, some undrilled and one chopped down quite a bit. Anybody know if these are really Rickman parts? He lists (presumably Rickman) part numbers for all the brackets and fairings, but I've never seen any fork-mounted headlight fairings from Rickman so it's hard to believe we have Rickman to blame for these. I can't say its beyond belief, however, given some of the rather odd shapes they did later on and how weird motorcycle styling got around the claimed 1970-80 time frame. I could even see this working on the right bike project...

s-l1600.jpg

Rickman Honda Triumph BSA Metisse Grey Handlebar Fairing P N CD12 CD 12 3 | eBay

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Looks very similar to the Invader nose fairing, can remember seeing a few fitted to Superdreams in the early 80's. Not sure, but I don't think Rickman made them.
The one fitted to the Triumph T140 Executive is also quite close.

Attachments

·
Registered
23,303 Posts

Stop being a sissy. There was a guy that i used to do the IMS show with in NY who had a KZ900 with an 1100cc overbore, turbo, and a single stage nitrous setup. It was an intense bike but it hasn't killed him yet.

Also...if you are going to be a bear, be a grizzly.

3201 - 3220 of 4243 Posts