Cafe Racer Forum banner

3221 - 3240 of 4263 Posts

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Stop being a sissy. There was a guy that i used to do the IMS show with in NY who had a KZ900 with an 1100cc overbore, turbo, and a single stage nitrous setup. It was an intense bike but it hasn't killed him yet.

Also...if you are going to be a bear, be a grizzly.
what as his suspension/frame setup? I'm assuming it was done up as a dragster

·
Registered
23,303 Posts

·
Registered
10,577 Posts
Meh there are 26 bikes, and not many would have single buyers on CL for $1000.

Someone wants to get paid years of work.....for not doing the work......and all at once.

Reactions: drgonzo and Geeto67

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
what as his suspension/frame setup? I'm assuming it was done up as a dragster
I am trying to find a pic of it. Yeah it was a "street legal" drag bike. Stock frame, but lowered. Can't remember if it had an airshifter or not, but it def had a license plate.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I am trying to find a pic of it. Yeah it was a "street legal" drag bike. Stock frame, but lowered. Can't remember if it had an airshifter or not, but it def had a license plate.
on a partially related note, I've seen a few Z1's with hydraulic clutches. Apparently the primary reason is due to the routing of the clutch cable in between two of the header pipes causes it to wear out relatively quickly... a hydraulic clutch is supposed to alleviate this problem. The setups on Webike are too expensive for my budget.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
My wife was really interested in this VT500FT. Unfortunately, the phone number is wrong (rang to some relay call center for inmates!) and the owner hasn't responded to my emails. Either this is a dirtbag or a scam? In any case, it smells off to me, enough not to pursue it further.

Honda VT 500 Ascot - $1050 (South KC)

00d0d_7ZuTcxQUIjV_600x450.jpg

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
[h=2]Honda 50 1965 vintage - $200 (Grand Island) hide this posting[/h]
image 1 of 4

Selling vintage 1965 Honda Cub 50 project. Runs and shifts, can drive up and down driveway. But has sat for last 35 years in a garage on cape cod and I have not checked it out completely. Great restoration project or do some minor repairs and ride. Motorcycle license not required for this engine displacement. Has original tool pouch and a repair manual. I have the last registration from Mass.

·
Registered
7,020 Posts
Honda 50 1965 vintage - $200 (Grand Island) hide this posting

image 1 of 4

Selling vintage 1965 Honda Cub 50 project. Runs and shifts, can drive up and down driveway. But has sat for last 35 years in a garage on cape cod and I have not checked it out completely. Great restoration project or do some minor repairs and ride. Motorcycle license not required for this engine displacement. Has original tool pouch and a repair manual. I have the last registration from Mass.

I wonder if it's a typo. That thing will be gone before you get there for that price.

3221 - 3240 of 4263 Posts