Cafe Racer Forum banner

3381 - 3400 of 4246 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
^why does awesome stuff have to be so expensive?!
And why couldn't Superbikes keep going 2 stroke?
I've always thought we should see the fastest riders on the fastest bikes.
I want to see 1000cc 2 strokes with modern fuel injection and all the technology we are capable of today

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Superbikes never were 2-strokes. 500GP and AMA Formula 1 were. But the 4 stroke GP bikes are (and were from the very first year) faster than the 2 strokes ever were. The 4 strokes are able to use the electronics in ways the 2 stroke can't, and thus horsepower can but put to the ground much better and more controlled.

But I sure would like that RGB.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Blue from running too hot because it's running lean.

Well it is running a K&N so that makes sense. I just think it looks good when the pipes go blue, even though it is a sign of issues lol

·
Registered
743 Posts
Yeah, it looks cool as fuck. The pic I posted is a '70 T120 running racing cams, rejetted carbs and all manner of tweaks that still runs lean after 20 years of fettling.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I would turn my bike lean to get that effect, but the upper pipes have so much surface rust

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Blue from running too hot because it's running lean.
"Aftermarket pipes,.......k&n filter, and much more", but obviously "much more" doesn't include a fuel controller (PowerCommander, or the like)

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
"Aftermarket pipes,.......k&n filter, and much more", but obviously "much more" doesn't include a fuel controller (PowerCommander, or the like)
Well it is here in Idaho, soooo no accounting for the owners intelligence level.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Custom 77 kz750 Twin Tracker!!

00x0x_43VNqv2wub3_1200x900.jpg

This has been pretty aggressively advertised last month or so. Apparently won a prize at Motoblot this year.
Maybe missed out on upgrading the brakes, and the seat kinda sucks, but I admire the work.

Edit- on second thought, there's just something wrong with it that bothers me... Wonder how it rides.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Custom 77 kz750 Twin Tracker!!

View attachment 22449

This has been pretty aggressively advertised last month or so. Apparently won a prize at Motoblot this year.
Maybe missed out on upgrading the brakes, and the seat kinda sucks, but I admire the work.

Edit- on second thought, there's just something wrong with it that bothers me... Wonder how it rides.
this does not qualify as a "good deal" unless they pay you to take it in gold ingots and blow jobs.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Stopped by MCC ducati today on my way home from McD's with the kids...

Check out the horsepower sweat under the Norton...

Wonder why these didn't sell new? Can't find one for less than 12K anymore. Stunning with the Termi's and orange yellow paint. Really want this one.

They had some Thruxton R's in the back last time I was in. A couple new Norton Commandos. Nice and new and shiny, but left me feeling like "yeah, ok whatever."

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
That's the ticket, hard to believe a large crowd would actually be ogling that tracker if they were parked in the same space. But they would. Keep tellin myself I'm to old to point something like that Suzuki down the track but then THEN I see one and logic gets pissed on and I'm doin the "well maybe's". Sex and violence on two wheels.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Spindly little bugger.

[h=2]Yetman Honda 305 AHRMA USCRA racer race - $2000 (Lake Placid) hide this posting[/h]
<image 1 of 6>

Honda
fuel: gas
transmission: manual

A very rare Honda Yetman framed motorcycle. This frame is very unique and serial #3076. I'm pretty sure this has never actually been completely built - only been mocked up. Willing to sell as you see it , frame only or somewhere in between. Not sure the real value and really want it to find the right home. Willing to trade for a decent running bike , GPz Kawasaki, GS Suzuki , Yamaha or other vintage BMW , Ducati or ?? It is designed to use the CB77 Superhawk sport, CL77 Scrambler engine as a doner - CB CL . No paperwork but more than willing to write a receipt. Would make an awesome street bike - the original café racer - Lets talk
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

3381 - 3400 of 4246 Posts