Cafe Racer Forum banner

3421 - 3440 of 4243 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
VR6s are cheap.
Could make a nice hauler.

Volkswagen Eurovan
the VR6 is a really neat motor design, almost like three I3's pushed side by side. They make really good power when forced induction is used... I'd love to do a BAJA beetle with a VR6 in back

Reactions: thechief86

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
I have a VR6 in my R32 DD.
Great engine.

Have two friends driving 600hp turbo changed.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
I'll take that bet also.If it does it will go to someone extremely stupid. The asking price is $2500. It's not an auction.
Replied before I saw your acknowledgement. It wouldn't let me edit it or delete it after I posted it.
You should buy it and spend some of the money you saved off the $6k to ship it here.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Replied before I saw your acknowledgement. It wouldn't let me edit it or delete it after I posted it.
You should buy it and spend some of the money you saved off the $6k to ship it here.
I know huh.

Even with the higher milage it's still a 5K or 6K bike here in the states.......if not more.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Forgot to mention. I got some quotes a few months ago, for shipping a bike from the UK to the US. £1200 - £1500.

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Was that "door to door" including customs?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Just realised the quote was for delivery to Canada, This is the email I received from Chaz Mortimer.

Dear Steve,

Further to our telephone conversation I am pleased to quote you £830.00 to collect from Colchester, labour and materials to quality case in treated timber in accordance with Canadian import regulations and ship to Montreal container depot.

That is uncleared of Canadian customs, excludes all local charges any import duties or taxes upon arrival in Canada. It also excludes marine transit insurance available at 2.5% of the sum insured.

That si for a standard Ducati solo motor cycle, if there is a fairing or panniers fitted it will possible increase the cost of shipping s the price is calculated on the volume, the size of the bike.

I hope of interest and welcome your further enquiry.

Best regards

3421 - 3440 of 4243 Posts